Friday, January 02, 2009

Riccardo Talk Cock, Sing Song and Play Mahjong blog 2008 in Summary.

Could had started writing this blog earlier, right at the stroke of mid-night in the year 2009. However the New Year Eve was spend with my good brothers and sisters, an evening of pot luck makan, Nintendo Wii gaming, Guitar Hero and ended up spending the New Year whee hours playing Mahjong till 4am. It was jam pack activity from Eve till the evening of 2nd Jan 2009, right after work.

Slept at 5am after cleaning the apartment and had to wake up at 10.30am for I had a New Year Day consultation appointment with a Numerologist, "Mr Kumar". The year 2009 had been forecast to be a tough and challenging year for me. Of course it is! I am embarking on my studies starting 19th January and juggling work and studies can only spell hardship. There will be unavoidable betrayal in January, found love in May, a family issue after June, pressure from bosses at work, roller coaster love life throughout the year. Woah... tough shit... However I am still kinda skeptical with all this forecast and the guidance he gave me like chanting the mantra "Ara Kara" 108 times daily, changing my signature to "Riccardochen" instead of "Tanjianwei" and writing it 41 times for 9 months and going to the Indian Temple at Waterloo Street every Saturday to worship "Hanuman", the Monkey God. I am still gonna strictly follow the guidance, an arcane experiment to discover the effects of this efforts and also to observe the reality of the forecasting.

Ended the New Year Day having Dinner with "Ah Girl" at Bedok and we went Prawn Fishing. Caught 10~12 Tiger Prawns over 4 hours. Seeing her excitement and enthusiasm makes me forget about feeling tired from all the activity of the New Year. Gave all to her mum since I don't cook at home.

Ok, its time again to look back at 2008 and dig out the significant events blogged within the 218 blog entry I made for year 2008...


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008
"First blog of 2008. Resolution making for year 2008 and unfulfilled goals of 2007...all in a nut shell."

Head Concussion and 1 Hour Chapter Lost In Life.
"First time I really lost my memory".

Ski Apache Photoblog
"Went Snow Skiing for the first time."

Did I or Did I Not Chiong The Red Light?
"Always obey the stop line in the United States"

1 Good News And 1 Bad News
"1 kanna chain and 1 kanna burn"

We Need A Shovel!!!
"Why audit is all about cover-up?"

Operation "Precious Human Cargo"
"The longest VIP driving experience I ever had, as a driver"

My thoughts of the Empire
"A final day write up of my experience in PP Det"

Japan Tour Photo Blog
"First trip to Tokyo, Japan"

Completed 2nd 21km run.
"First 21km "illegal" run after coming back from USA"

I try so hard and got so far
"Completed the 42km Marathon".

The highlight of the year should go to my completion of the 42km Singapore Marathon. I met the goal I set for year 2008. Since than, I had stopped running and the shoes are getting dusty. Switch to swimming and eating in an effort to put on more weight. Looking at the summary, it seems most of the "happening" things happen overseas. Haiz...more crazy before coming back, had become "tame" now.

Goals for the year 2009 will be getting through semester 1 and semester 2 of my degree course without failing the subjects (not aiming for distinction). Next will be aiming to pass at less 4 more CAAS SAR66 certification papers in April and October (I had passed 6 subjects so far). I like to get a basic diving license through PADI during the study break in June. In November 2009, I am planning for a 1 week backpacking trip to Vietnam, Thailand or Taiwan. By the end of the year, I aim for a Class 2 motorbike license.

On the resolution side... its time to curb some old habits like smoking 2 sticks a month. I love Malboro Menthol Light but I know smoking is bad for health and wallet. Time to stop. And its time to stop blogging any more things about work... I think its very sad to talk about work in my blog, make my life misery all revolving around work. Its time to start working on freelance journalism that will be crucial in to my goal in life.

Thats all for Goals and Resolution for the New Year 2009. Just wanna keep it short and achievable.

No comments: