Friday, February 22, 2008

Did I or did I not chiong the red light?

N* N** B**!!!

Today is mail reading day, thats when I read an accumulated 4 days worth of letter in my mail box. Wah lau eh...kanna a traffic fine letter from my local city Coppell Police. Reading it, looks like I was caught running the Red Light on February 10, 2008 at 3:37pm. I DON'T BELIEVE IT? I never run a red light since I came to Dallas. Is this a mistake? In this citation, I have 3 option...Pay the US$75 fine online, reply the authority that the car was already sold and I was not driving it or Contest the fine in Court.

I choose the 3rd option without even reading the back of the citation. With furious anger for been misjudged, I shaft the reply slip into the enclosed envelope and slam a stamp in the corner. To me, there is nothing to loss. If still found guilty, I only need to pay extra US$25 court fine. I was so damn sure I was innocent but I still decided to call my supervisor who got the same fine last time too...

Riccardo: Hey Sir, heard you kanna a traffic camera fine last time right?

Supervisor: Yah lor.

Riccardo: So did you contest the fine in court? You know lah, that stupid camera sometime anyhow shoot.

Supervisor: No lah. I just went ahead and pay the fine. Actually hor...I login online to see the video of my traffic offense. I know why I kanna the fine liao. I slow down but did not fully stop before turning right at the junction during red light.

*In USA, driver are allow to turn right on Red Light, provided they come to a full stop before turning.

Riccardo: Is it? Can watch the video online? Wah....Ok sir I go check it out. Thanks.

So I read the fine print at the bottom of the citation, "Please be aware that there are instructions on how to view the video associated with this violation". I fire up the Firefox browser and type this address;

https://www.photonotice.com/login.asp


Citation number is CPR0005737, Vehicle Lic No. is K95BYN and finally City Code: COPPEL

Thank god I did not foolishly go to court and pay that extra US$25 for nothing. In this world of high technology, nothing escape the eye of the sky and guilty as charged.

Red light is lit for 1.48 secs, a green Mazda Miata with the top down approaches the junction.


Red Light lit for 2.75 secs, Mazda Miata turn right. Jialat liao...


It will be impossible to get acquitted even if Sudas Anadas is my defence lawyer. 100% my fault with not only the pictures but with the video that you guys can see when you login to the website above. Cannot deny is me in the picture especially with the top down. Looks like I was in a hurry to head home for the toilet that day. Anyway, excellent quality photo shot by the Coppell Police and really nice video. I almost laugh my head off at my near silly mistake of heading to the court to contest this traffic fine.

Mazda Miata? US$7800
Chionging the Red light? US$75
Contesting in court? US$25
For a sky view picture of me driving a convertible and a 60 days video? Priceless.
For everything else, there is the Mastercard to pay the fine.

No comments: