Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Korean Food.

Got of from Guard duty today but screwed up some of the duty paperwork. Regrettable but nothing I can do now until I head back to work tomorrow to settle those papers in the name of organization policy. I kept that whole episode in the back of my mine and head to the kitchen to make some Korean Bi Bim Bab, Rice with meat, season vegetable, seaweed flakes and a douse of Korean hot chilli paste called "Gyo-Chu-Jung". Not a difficult rice bowl to cook but require time to slice and dice the season vegetable like Zuccini, carrots, mushroom, onion, Enoki mushroom, radish, seaweeds (as many vege as you like). Not to forget seasoning the meat for the dish. Finally a fried a sunny side up egg and place it at the top of the rice, veges and meat.

A violent conflict of green, brown, white, yellow and peach ended in a bloody conclusion at the top of the rice hill.

The highlight of the dish that make it Korean goes "Gyo-Chu-Jung", hot chilli paste. Its my next favorite chilli sauce after our Singapore Nasi Lemak chilli. This can be brought from any Korean or Asian supermarket right over here in Dallas and it comes stored in a glass container. It looks and feel kinda dry so some preparation got to go to it before serving with the rice bowl. Thanks to tip from a friend from a Korean restaurant over here, I learn to mix the chilli paste with sesame oil, some sugar and (this may sound weird) some Gatorade, Sprite or clear color soft drinks to slightly liquefy it. Took me 1 and a half hours to prepare 2 serving of Bi Bim Bab, one for dinner and one for lunch tomorrow.

The correct way to eat Bi Bim Bab, 1) Put the red sauce in the rice bowl, 2)mix everything up like rojak, 3) Use a spoon and god given mouth to eat. 4) Wash the dishes.

This is the third time I made Bi Bim Bab, the first time is a year ago . And that brings me to the next after dinner activity, playing around with photoshop on one of the pictures we took at Ruidoso during my last vacation... Opps! Korea theme again!


Less than 24 hours to Chinese Lunar New Year eve, this is the second year in a row I missed Reunion Dinner back home.

No comments: