Friday, February 29, 2008

29th day of February

Which month of the year 2008 have 29 days? All the month of course!!! This year's 29 days instead of 28 days because its the leap year. Probably due to an ancient calender sage miscalculation discovered many years later on to have a 1 day correction every 4 years. Sadly no one realise that we might be missing one more Sunday in a week.

MacDonald welcome this rare Apendix of a month in a special year with FREE SKILLET BURITTOS with every medium or large drinks during breakfast hour on 29th Feb. Me, my junior Xiao Long and my very very Senior Encik Sin headed down together to Macdonald at 5am, right after the graveyard shift work . We were attempting to buy 3 drinks to get 3 free Skillet Burittos at the drive thru...

We: I have 3 ice coffee with 3 free Skillet Burittos
Macdonald: Sorry Sir, limited to 1 per customer
We: You got 3 customer in the car right now. ( we were all in the same vehicle at drive thru)
Macdonald: Oh....Limited 1 free Skillet Burittos per car.
We: Ok, what if I walk in to purchase over the counter?
Macdonald: You can do so if you want to...

I parked the vehicle, we all went in and got our drinks and free Skillet Burittos in seperate orders, everyone was happy. Thats the wonderful part about dealing with the Ang Mo here, can't go in by the front door? Take the side door...

I was planning to celebrate this rare extra day with a day off just to rest at home, forget about work and play Guitar Hero. Alas, my plans to slack always took a detour eventually. I have been selected to be the In-Processing staff for our new "Boss". Old "Boss" is gonna leave us soon and he kinda took it light heartly with a joke "My COE certificate have expired and I have to be scrapped. Still can take back some PARF value". A gentle reminder here, COE can be renewed for another cycle or the vehicle can be "paper scrap" in Singapore but still be exported to other country for sale ( The analogy here is either extend stay in command or balek Singapore to work). I hope to see the new "Boss" with a good drive but I'm sure won't be able to have any positive or negative reviews for my own COE certificate will expire in May and definately not to be renewed.

Anyway, enough of this confusing analogy mumbo jumbo. It will still be a working day for me later on in the day doing the "In Processing" thingy. At less its something new and anything new is exciting to me. Bonus here is I get to drive a Honda Odysessy thus adding to the list of vehicle I drove in USA. Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mazda Miata, Chevy Suburban, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Pontiac G6, Pontiac Grand Prix, Mitsubishi Montero, Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Sonata...

No comments: