Friday, February 29, 2008

Wii the citizen of Singapore


Alright!!! Finally land my hand on the Nintendo Wii yesterday after almost 3 weeks of waiting for the stock to arrive at the local BestBuy store. This bugger is always out of stock and the only way to get it is to call each and every store in Dallas everyday to see if any shipment has arrive. I got my unit from Lewisville BestBuy store which only brought in 3 sets of Wii in yesterday's shipment. The numerous XBox360 and the Playstation 3 as usual stacked neatly together in an area, just like last week, just like last month. This is a serious sign of the ferocious sales gap of Nintendo against Microsoft and Sony combined.

The thought of having regular weekend gathering at my home in Singapore for video game session has always struck me thanks to the regular visitors to my US home over the past 2 years. What better way to organize a video game party than to get the Nintendo Wii, extra Wii remote and nunchuk, couple of great multi-player games and a big 42" Plasma TV where the whole action will take place. Wish I was rich enough to own a BOSE sound system to round things up.

I'm was initially planning to modify the set with a mod chip so I could really save the money on the games (you know what I mean). On the other hand, the scarcity of the Nintendo Wii makes me think twice. What happen if I screw up the soldering of the 28 wires and "bricked" the set? Even with money, it will be hard to buy another Wii. At the moment, I stick with buying expensive original games instead and rely on Gamespot.com for the reviews and previews.

Will be setting up the Nintendo Wii on Friday if I get my off-day from work and invite the guys over for gaming session over the weekend. I think Mario Party 8 will be a great game to start with.

"Every decision is ABC- Activator, Behavior and Consequence and in lay man term it means Intention, Action and Outcome. So think before you act, know your intention, plan your action and you will get the desire outcome"

No comments: