Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!!!

新年快乐
恭喜发财
万事如意
身体健康


Its officially the first day of Chinese New Year today in Singapore however back here in Dallas its Chinese New Year Eve. It was suppose to be half day of work that eventually roll over into a full, 8 to 5 working hours. Somehow manage to complete our aircraft phase servicing before the Chinese New Year Day. I believe the management wants to meet this target to bring in good luck for the New Year. As the old saying goes, don't own anything over the Chinese New Year. Well we got everyone available in the same working shift today, a full force of focused manpower to accelerate the last few miles of this phase bird.

Out from work in the evening, just before Sunset with the sky splitting North and South with a hue of night blue and orange dusk. Couple of our guys headed to Wingstop a "Reunion Dinner", at less a small fanfare for CNY eve.




Once again, I miss out having reunion dinner with my family this year. Last year it was due to an exercise which eventually never happen and this year Ah Bao and Gary took the flight out of Dallas to Singapore thus the rest of us have to be back here to support our Base. Not an issue actually for I will definitely be celebrating CNY2009. I have planned for a reunion dinner tomorrow with my section guys and couple of other close friends from other section and on Friday, Peace Prairie Detachment will be holding a Dinner at MAXIM restaurant in Richardson to celebrate Chinese New Year and also to mark our 12th Anniversary of operation in United States. In a pure sheer of coincidence, I was selected to be the MC for the Dinner co hosting with LTA "Han Solo". Ah.... I guess I will not do some fancy stuff like last year Chinese New Year dinner. Just gonna prepare some simple script and some improvised dynamic speeches to suit the flow of the dinner program which include lottery, singing, Bingo and a video presentation made by our in house video editor, James a.k.a "Toyol".

Today I decided to call everyone in my phone list to send my Chinese New Year wishes. First off is Mum and Dad, than Sis. My brothers from the 9 Dragon clan is next before calling a couple of close relatives. Finally I send my wishes and blessing to a couple of significant women in my life. I think I have been neglecting the values of keeping in touch with my family and friends. When I am back in Singapore this May, its time to work on building a better relationship with all the people I should have treasured in the past.

As for the Chinese New Year resolution, its got to be forging better ties with people around me.



No comments: