Sunday, December 07, 2008

I try so hard and got so far!


Hooray!!! Completed the first Marathon of my life in approximately 4 hours 30min. Official timing will only be out 48 hours late and I will post it here. Could have done better if I put in more effort in the training but the moment is to savor the personal victory instead of brooding over poor timing.

I got too cocky after 21km thinking I got all the stamina and strength left for a faster run in the remaining 21km. Boy was I wrong. The little sensation in my leg soon grow into an unbearable muscle ache. Try putting on some Deep Heat "koyo" distributed at the many drinks station along the way and make the mistake of applying it to high up my thigh. Ended up not just relieving the muscle stress but also burning my "balls". That does make me run a bit faster though.

My muscles went into a temporary coma at 36km marking and I have to walk. I think my mental power is not so strong to "Mind Over Body". I walk, I jog and walk again and jog again to the finishing line. Well for the finishing line, the most important thing is just to sprint for it, giving the impression that I still got ample energy left. In fact, I ran out of strength before I ran out of breath. So thank you guys for calling me Mr Lung-less for I am but the leg just quit on me else who knows I might run into the top ten! hahaha. The last 6km was pure hell on earth for me but good thing I met this Ang Mo Chris who walked with me and we both ran the last 3km together to the finishing line. Sometimes running with a company can motivate me.

Glad I made it. The Finisher T-Shirt and the Finisher Medal is living proof I ran a Marathon before (or job?) Join again next year? I don't think so, I will switching to more swimming than running from now on. Been complain that I am too slim the wind might blow me away.

No comments: