Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Pursue of awards...

In the pursue of prestigious awards and point scoring with some "Quality Improvement Assessor"... I am stuck in front of my PC tonight with the magical touch of my keyboard and mouse to create some fanciful power point slides to present some "fine" ideas we had. Lets put it this way, sometimes we know the product of our creativity are not so fantastic or its just part and parcel of our work but we got to write report and go for live presentation to "Sell our Empire image"...to portray a picture of innovative and creative problem solver we are. Its like taking a 5 cent stuff and inflating the price to $5. Sounds like a Mini-Bond investment.

All too often its a matter of reverse Engineering the entire process, pretend that everything went back to the drawing board and write a fictional report on how the entire project start and end. What the f***, the product was created over night with a stroke of genius of course!!! but for the sake of pacifying the assessor or judge or whoever it is, we got to be good story teller, make it look as though it was a lengthy effort and the brain juice of many many people (in fact it was the effort of 1 person sometimes). So this kinda situation require very creative writing and magical touch of the Power Point buttons.

It seems a waste of time but I can only look at the positive side of things since I got swallow this arrow after all. Can learn to make good power point slides, do presentation in front of crowd and hone my Sales talk skill which is pretty vital in the private job market.

Frustrating man. The report is so poorly organize and written I had a hard time making sense of it for the Power Point slides. Have to reinvent the wheel in the end.

Marathon coming this Sunday. Am I ready??? I hope so...its one of the highlight in the year 2008, for me.

No comments: