Monday, December 08, 2008

Facial again... painful extraction. Smooth skin.

Should going to a Facial Spa be a exclusive female kind of thing? Facial Spa or Beauty Spa/Salon or Body Spa nowadays not only target the usual female crowd but it had always welcome the modern metrosexual male customer base. In the past, man going to a facial spa might be too feminist or some may even say "Ah gua". In today context the contest in the job market, the climb up the promotional ladder or your performance bonus is a factor of brains, brawls and beauty. Lets face it, I put Brad Pitt and Woody Allen at the job interview table, who will make the first impression? The point goes to Brad Pitt for his great look although Woody Allen's holds a portfolio of a good actor and also directed film. Chances are we are going to meet Job Interviewer, Judges or client who had really shallow decision making process, thus a good appearance could make a useful impression at the beginning.

After the battle with the road for yesterday Marathon, I decide to get a good rest and some self rewarding pampering today at Su Beau Derma Clinique, a beauty salon located in Novena Square. This was at the invitation from my sis who signed a facial package and said I could share the package together. The boss of the Salon is Serena, an expert in doing extraction (take out pimples and blackheads). I think my face really really challenging to do extraction by the regular girls working there and they have to activate their boss...hahaha. Seriously, as with all extraction I did in the past ( I count only 3 times, not inclusive of what my mum did for me), its always quite a unforgettable pain process. The prick and squeeze, I really take my hats off to all the ladies out there conducting extraction, those are really strong fingers and wrist they got!!! Man's ego, can't cry, can't moan, can't scream...can only inject some mental anesthetic to numb those pain. Good thing I just completed the Marathon, mind over body over pain through out the process. No pain no gain though but Serena is so good with the extraction, it all was over less than 15 minutes, it could have take longer if it was others doing it. Was told that women are very much more tolerance of the pain in extraction compare to man. My only conclusion to this statement is either the female vanity level are so much higher that pain is just a little sacrifice to them or its just that man skin take more effort for extraction thus more pain. More about Facial Extraction over here... http://bellasugar.com/999153

One of the highlight for this multi-process facial treatment I had today was the use of the Green Mask which burn S$12 off my wallet. First the face got to be clean, than comes the steaming process to open up all the pores on the face and finally another round of cleaning before a paste is applied on my face. It felt like someone just painted my face with butter, thick and gooey. Than the facial therapist blew cold air over the "Butter" and it starts to dry up making my skin felt really tight. Soon my whole face felt like a sticker book full of stickers. Finally the facial therapist start peeling off the dried up green mask and it felt like someone is peeling off those super strong 3M masking tape from my face. Good thing I shaved in the morning, I can imagine the agony those sticky stuff will be for my mustache and cheek area. Upon closer examination of the peeled green mask, I must say it did a great job for $S12. I can actually see all the black heads, white heads and whatever dirt stuff from my skin pores transfered and sticking on the green mask. It was impressive and I was surprise how much FODs (Foreign Object Debris) are actually stuck in my skin.

At the end of the facial session. Still got free head and shoulder massage. Very refreshing and can feel every press is helping to circulate the blood. I think the reason the massage felt good is because it was done with a female hand but a really strong one indeed (I was surprise). However I should had actually requested for the leg massage instead for I am still slightly limping after yesterday 42km ordeal. Will I be going for facial regularly from now on? I think maybe just a normal cleansing and conditioning facial wash once a month will do. Ultimately it falls to daily maintenance, good nutrition and good dose of exercise to maintain a vibrant look. Visit to the facial salon should be considered a supplementary support to good looks unless you have a deep pocket to visit regularly (I am civil servant, I earn servant salary). Maybe I will consider once a month cleansing and conditioning at a facial salon, this double up as a self pampering thingy too.

No comments: