Saturday, December 06, 2008

My first Marathon in less than 10 hours time.


I had all the self training and body conditioning this few months...I should be ready for the Marathon tomorrow morning, starting off at 5.30am. Thank god I had recover from the flu I caught 2 weeks ago otherwise the run will just get tougher. I'm ready and all I pray for is good weather and that the old injuries on my right ankle will be hibernating throughout the run tomorrow. I'm aiming for 5 hours or better to the finishing line but finishing the run in whatever timing will be an achievement nonetheless. This is the highlight of my life for the year 2008 and all preparation had been completed so far, just need to get to the starting point in the morning.



Today, I am dedicating this pre-marathon blog to my New Balance running shoe. It had serve me faithfully for one 21km half marathon and numerous training run and I am confident it will serve me for the 42km journey tomorrow. I feel like praying to it tonight in hope it grant me all the extra ounce of energy in the later part of the race. I got this strange belief it got a life of its own... I know I will need those energy once I past the 21km where physiological and psychological barrier will start coming into play. The last time I remember I had this barrier was during my first 5km race back as a Trainee in Air Force School...I came in second.

All the best to myself and I am my own cheer leader tomorrow... and for my friends who are running the Marathon...see you at the finishing line! In the meantime, gonna grab and early rest tonight.

No comments: