Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!!!

Yet another year have passed and we all have grown older but may not be wiser than before. Last year new year resolution got rolled over to this year, or revised or maybe even totally forgotten. Somehow new year resolution making is just one of those motion people go through just to tell themself, "Ok, this is a new year which means new goals, new objectives, new branding, new ambition...blar blar blar". Just how many of this new year resolution are ever fulfilled?

Just like the fireworks of new year day midnight that goes up in the skies, blew up and sparkles brilliantly but shortly so do the same goes for new year resolution...made in the passion and emotion of a new year moment thanks to too much endorphins and alcohol party but soon forgotten in the short months of work and poor lifestyle ahead.

I almost laugh at myself for the 3 big resolution made during New Year of 2007 which 2 was tried but not achieved. RC Helicopter might sound fun in the beginning but after a couple of crash and pocket burning part replacement, the Helicopter have since been sitting in a corner collecting dust and spider web.

FAA certification. Is it an excuse I have no time to study for it? Just too lazy? Plain bored about the subject? Or I am just too pre-occupied with holidays, shopping and watching movie in USA? I know myself as someone who love the technical and engineering stuff of aerospace but I blame myself for distracting my focus with all the entertainment and coach potato lifestyle of America. Getting an FAA certification will still be a far fetch goal even in 2008 for I will be going back in May and the heart is not really into it anymore. However I still plan to pick up the books once again in 2008. The field of rotor track and balance is still a very very intriguing subject to me.

The Science of living form by a triangle of Love, Compassion and Wisdom. Thats the study of Buddhism. After many month of absence from study I found myself getting back to the discipline during my home trip. I can't really said that this new year resolution of improving my life through Buddhism have not been successful because its something that have to be practice daily and a year is just not enough to fully grasp all the knowledge in the several books I was given. Buddhism to improve relationship, social life and work life is my focus for the year 2008 and that encompass the same basic of giving love, showing compassion and exhibiting wisdom.

For the year 2008 so no resolution is gonna be made but important action to be taken (action speaks louder and appear louder than words). First is planning a holiday trip to Taiwan with my Mum, Dad and Sis. We have not gone for a holiday as one family for so so long and I bet Mum and Dad is getting really really bored with their routine life. I just pray that my tour of duty in USA will exactly end in 4th May 2008 with no extension so I can plan a 5 days 4 night holiday in Taiwan with my family. Parents are getting old and I sure don't want them to miss out the nice places overseas as much as me and sis could afford it.

Second plan for 2008. To complete the annual Standard Chartered Marathon if it held after June or else I will participate the event in 2009. I think after numerous half marathon, I should be ready physically for it if not mentally. This means regular training on weekdays and at less once a weekend long distance run at Mac Ritchie. I hope to rope in season runner Mr Wu PC to join my cause and also Mr Lee M.K who have expressed interest in completing a Marathon.

Finally for 2008, it will be a time of getting back life with my friends and good friends. I like to organize more gathering for all my dear brothers who are now married and busy with work and family life. I think my house will be a very nice venue for weekend movies, causal game of Texas Hold Em and video games. I will learn to be a good host.

Thats all for my plans for 2008. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and may all your goals be achieved. Wish you good Health and Fortune ahead too! Oh...by the way, I just came back from playing Fireworks in Sub Zero condition...cold and shiok. I will miss the chance to have that kind of fire power in my hand.

1 comment:

Elvin said...

Lucky you did not say 'veteran'. I am not season.... I gave last year's marathon a miss for safety reasons... Registered and miss it.