Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sleep Disorder? Cannot sleep... whats wrong? So Blog lor...

Damn, I can't fall asleep. Yesterday night I struggle to sleep at 1am but the tossing and turning only stop when I last saw the time as 3am. I suppose to go for a Saturday morning run with Tony at 9am in the morning, its almost 3am now and sometime just kept me awake.

Not even playing Nintendo DS Lite in bed makes me tired and fall asleep. So I have just resorted to 2 glasses of wine hopping the alcohol will induce some sleepiness in me. Hate to say this but shift work is really detrimental to health. Since I am changing shift every week, I always have to readjust my circadian rhythm. If I have a choice, I wish work in one shift only.

Alas, thats the price for taking Ah Gong money in USA. For the ultimate goal of National Defense and Security, sacrificial of creature comfort and sleep routine is necessary.

Ok lah, since I have a hard time sleeping now...might as well talk cock abit. Work is fine this week because I started work on Wednesday and end my work on Friday evening. Its a short week and I cleared lots of outstanding paper work on the last day of the work week. I observe my section colleague are in pretty good mood this few days... can joke...can sing song and can even fool around at work however we still get the job done in the end. It was a mellow and cheerful work for everyone this week. The exception was Wednesday when our Encik gave us a good lecture about discipline and the difference between the SAF term "Stand By" and "Stand Down". "Stand By" = No need to go to base at the moment but be ready to be activated for duty anytime. So Stay at home. "Stand Down"= Officially Off-Duty. I kanna lectured by him for planning the New Year Eve evening firework party when I am suppose to Stand By at home. I guess I got carried away from the festive mood after coming back from my 1 week home trip in Singapore. Well, it was really embaressing... when he called to check on us I even invited him for the firework which ended with a invitation of reprimand from him. So paiseh.

2 weeks more and I will be heading to my first skiing trip at Ski Apache New Mexico!!! Pretty excited over it and the ski trip will be from 19th Jan to 22nd Jan. This will most likely be my last holiday in USA. Joining me will be Ah Chiang, Garfield, Ah Chan, Danny and Candy and lastly probably Boss who will be ending his tour of duty in February. Never try skiing before (and snow boarding) and for someone who always excited about trying new things, this tour will surely be the highlight of my US Tour.

Finally can use my Oakley Ski goggles brought last year. I have a snow cap, a winter boots and winter gloves. Next week, I will be heading down to Oakley Store to get a water proof jacket and pants for the ski trip. Currently Ah Chiang is sourcing for the lodging facilities and I guess I will be tasking Ah Chan with the Car rental. Garfield obviously will be our camera man once again. I suppose I am the overall in-charge for this tour so will be the trip planner, admin officer and financial officer for the trip.

Back home in Singapore both mine and Sis bedroom will be undergoing major renovation. I think we both have grown up and facing stress and mental pollution at work. So both of us agree on a Zen design for both our bedroom to have some peace and serenity at home. Of course we don't have so much money although sis is a 5 figure salary earner thus we are doing a "progressive renovation" for our 18 years old apartment starting with both our bed room and renovate the rest of apartment over the next 3 years. We stay in a 5 room 80s style HDB flat and it feature large floor area and spacious rooms hardly found in today's HDB flat thus I'm sure we won't be planning to move out. Maybe if I am married, I will get a apartment myself and rent it out.

Wah...alcohol effect kicking in...time to sleep. Hmm share with you guys a picture...

Air Force School Year 2003

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha... montly 5 figure? how can you revel your sister earning like that...

: P

Unknown said...

actually is six figure XXXX.XX mah. ha ha ha