Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back from Ski Apache!!!

Full Battle Gear. Beanie, Ski Goggles, Jacket, Ski Pants, Ski Boots, Ski Poles, Ski and lots of butt cushioning for the fall. Thats all I need for skiing.


I'm back!!! Suddenly there is something more to miss about USA from the long list to "I will miss USA for ***** (fill in the blanks)". Even after 2 days straight of morning to late afternoon snow skiing, couple of falls, eating a lot of snow and the exhausting moment of picking myself up from the snow... I grew to love this new sports I only got to know for less than 48 hours. I love skiing and I'm sure the next closes chance I have to a ski trip is either a second tour of duty here in USA or if I am rich enough to head to South Korea.

Its a wonderful winter activity which demand coordination and good leg strength and stamina. The most tiring part of the entire ski activity will go to picking myself up after a fall. With the air so thin up at Ski Apache which is 10 000 ft above sea level, I am almost breathless every time I pick myself up from a fall. But its all worth it... the frictionless gliding down the slope of snow, the hard turn left and right which I self learned and the fast sliding brakes (I call it a drift break) which I occasionally still overdo resulting in a tumbling cloud of snow.

Although snow skiing will be very much missed when I head back to the tropical sunshine island of Singapore, at less down the road when those bones are brittle, muscles weak and coordination impaired that I can look back and say "Heng Ah... I Ski Before Leh!!!"

Well, back to Dallas now which means work. Nowadays Dallas=Work . After unpacking all my stuff, doing some accounting on the entire trip expenses for our group of 6, taking a hot shower and writing that short summary thoughts of the trip above, I am gonna work on consolidating all the pictures taken from our cameras especially from Garfield's who took lots of photo as usual for the Ski Trip. Like to take the opportunity here to thanks Garfield, Ah Chan, Taiwanese Chiang, Danny and Candy for making this tour a memorable and fun one. Stay tune for the online Photo blog of our ski trip...

4 Tropical Island Boy of Singapore TIBS: (from Left) Korean Boy Ah Chan, Danny, Taiwanese Ah Chiang and Japanese Garfield.

No comments: