Thursday, January 17, 2008

Prohibited from work

No Driving and no physical work for a week. That was the order from the Big Boss my "stupid bicycle kick, head concussion landed in the hospital and recovered" incident. So someone have to fetch me to and from work each day since Tuesday (I got a day off to rest on Monday) and I am not suppose to do any physical work in case some cock up happen to my head. However its been 3 days since the incident happen and I don't feel crazy or lost at all.

In fact I felt really tired at work not because of any PHD "Permenant Head Damage" or lack of sleep but more on lack of physical work. I guess my body thrive on physical activity and just 2 days of computer plus paperwork had made me pretty lethergic. Please!!! I need the sweat, the sunlight, physical exertion and exposure to the cold (due to work in winter)...anything but confinement of deskbound job!!!

I'm sure all this restriction are for my own good even though the doctor instruction is plenty of rest for 3 days and no driving for only the first 24hrs. I feel deprived of 4 wheels entertainment just 3 days into the 1 week driving prohibitation that I have to resort to playing Gran Turismo 4 at home after work to satisfy my "Need For Speed". I am confident I am in good condition to drive now in real life because I clock a good lap time on Laguna Seca race track. I felt more handicapped than actually losing a limb now.

Haiz....felt so stupid to do that stupid stunt at the field last Sunday. Now I am feeling guilty for giving my dear WO (recently nicknamed Mr Max) something extra to worry about on top of all the heavy laden aircraft maintenance and office politics he got to handle. He fell sick today and I hope I am not the triggering factor of it since he just gave me a heavy lecturing about been responsible for my own safety and the people around me.

Temperature gonna drop to minus 3 degree celsius tonight and there is a chance of rain thus road icing. Everyone I talk to is praying for a stand down at work due to poor road condition. Last year winter is marked with numerous unplanned "holiday" for us, tomorrow morning will be the closes first chance we ever have for this winter.

No comments: