Friday, January 23, 2009

Fluid is dry.

Fluid Mechanics, not too fluid for the brain, a really dry subject I had been doing my pre-lecture reading. My brains are dried from overloading. The math is mind boggling and I realize I left most of my mathematics skills back in Polytechnic.

Right after work at 5pm, I drove 27 km to Singapore Polytechnic to attend the first lecture on Fluid Mechanics. I'm tired and its only the second lecture of the many more I will be attending for the next few months. The first thing on my mind is sleeping, the last thing on my mind is a boring lecturer. The combination of both will make 7pm to 10pm a agonizing learning experience.

Thank goodness. Mr J.Selva Raj is a bubbling lecturer full of spontaneous teaching energy. For the working adults who had spend most of their energy on their job from 8 to 5, his lively and humorous teaching method is a injection of energy into a drained body of ours. The lecture was delivered in an interesting and visualizing (use of videos) explanation to some "dry" Fluid Mechanics theories, but he also took the effort to find out our academic background so he can fine tune his next lecture to better deliver the teaching especially for people from electrical and electronic background. Today I gave him the nick name - Master Yoda. I look forward to his upcoming lab lessons.

2 lectured had past. Part time studies really occupied all the free time I had after work. Life is changing. An object in motion will be in constant velocity and object at rest will be at rest when there is no resultant force. When there is efforts, there be no outcome (positive or negative) and free time will just be idle time. Lots of self studies got to be done on top of the lectures and lab.

No comments: