Wednesday, March 07, 2007

TV is dead, my first Singapore cooking

Today is Wednesday.

Today is my third day in Singapore.

Today I went back to Sembawang Air Base, back to CHRT section to pass some documents to my Singapore counterparts. Met Encik Teng, my former section head at the AeF office. He have adapted to the Singapore way of life since coming back here last year November. Encik Koh J.B, another of our former WOs was at the office too. He seems to have slim down a lot, probably from the heavier workload of heading the Apache section. Have a short chat with both of them before heading to SHMS hanger to meet up with the rest of the guys. Encik Foo C.Y was right there, chubby and cheerful looking as usual and so is Master Chen L.W who is now 2WO Chen L.W thus got to address him as Encik from now on. William Tey, Ting Fui and a new guy Seah was over there too, busy removing a rotor blade for repair. It’s a pretty busy day seeing all the Super Puma, Apache and Fennec flying here and there. Compare to PP Det, it seems like the tempo is higher right here.

Headed home in the afternoon and got a call from the Samsung TV technician. The appointment to repair my home 43” projection TV was suppose to be on Thursday, must be some miscommunication somewhere when I got a call from him saying he will be at my place in 15 mins time. Pretty professional 53 years old technician for he knew the source of the problem right away just by switching on TV and looking at the “Blue Screen Of Death” . Coolant leaking from the picture tube means an expensive S$1500++ repair cost to consider. Back in 1998 when my dad brought this TV set, it was S$5000++, now a projection TV is selling for less than S$1300. It make money sense not to commit such repair and to dispose of the TV set or convert it into something useful which I have no idea at the moment. In the end, still got to pay S$80 for the service request but this amount is actually half the price of what I should have paid the TV technician, he gave me a 50% off and I wonder how is he gonna tell the boss.

REST IN PEACE, 1998 -- 2007

I have just finish preparing dinner for my family tonight. I have always wanted to cook for mum and dad since I started cooking in United States. Tonight dinner is rice, black sauce chicken, Pan fried Japanese Omelets and stir fried broccolis. After a long break from cooking back in the States, I hope the food I have just cooked taste at less acceptable, not horrible. Somehow, I realize its just so much more convenient to makan at the coffeeshop in our neighborhood. Might be cheaper, confirm more convenient and surely time saving to makan out.

Simple dinner for a simple family


Thumbs Up! Our son finally learn how to cook!

Gonna setup the master bedroom dvd and sound system after dinner. Just brought a brand new Philip DVD player for my mum and dad bedroom and got to set it up before I head back to US.

I suddenly have this kinda feeling like I have seen the whole of Singapore just within my 3 days right here. Hmm, have plans to go Bintan or Phuket next week, hopefully the air tickets (or ferry ticket) is cheap. Doing some research right now. Need to head to the sunny beach and blue waters for some peace and quiet....


No comments: