Thursday, March 29, 2007

San Francisco California Pacific Route 1 Blog -- Part 2

This is the Part 2 of my tour blog. You can call it Part 2 or the "after 10.40am 23rd Mar 2007" blog. Stay tune for Part 3 where I head South on the Pacific Coast Route 1... You can view my trip photo album and skip my talk cock and sing song at... http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/cybourg/San%20Francisco%20Pacific%20Coast

10.40am 23 Mar 2007
I have to extend my check out time from the Hostel for an hour cause I am still exploring Fisherman’s Wharf. I must admit this whole stretch of shop, restaurant, culture and a couple of tourist trap is just too much to handle in just a morning. You probably need at less half a day if the plan is to pop in to every store and attraction along the way. For me? I only got 2 head scarf from a store.

Me and my ku ku head scarf

Saw the Harbour Sea Lions at Pier 39 and pretty got a sneak preview of the area so the next time I could come back here and explore as back packer and with ample of time, to fully explore.

Lazy Harbor Sea Lions

There is a bicycle for rent right here thay you could ride across the golden gate bridge to Beautiful Sausalito City North of the bridgeand take a ferry back. US$8 dollars an hour US$28 for a day. I will seriously consider taking that bike ride across the bridge to catch the view of SFO Bay from the bridge area for if you drive across….you can’t just stop your car on the bridge and admire the views.

Bicycle...Bicycle...I want to ride my Bicycle... (Queen's Song)

Hmm...Man or Machine?

12.10pm

I just have lunch back at the Hostel with this very talented and wonderful kid name Tejas. He is so smart, he knew how to cook scrambled egg at the age of 7. I don’t remember myself cooking when I was 8. Its all toys, cartoon, video games and soccer. My mum never let me into the kitchen which I don’t get it. Is it that dangerous? No….seeing how Tejas cook, I think a little bit of guidance and safety instruction and you are set to go.

Tejas...good at cooking

Riccardo... Good at Eating...

The cooking happens in the Hostel Kitchen. Hostel kitchen is a great avenue to save on those “eat out” & “take away” cost which is substantially high in down town area. Its always cheaper to cook by yourself and the super market is right around the corner. Kitchen is fully equipped in most Hostel so the last thing you need to worry about is finding cooking Utensils.


Me, Tejas, Tejas’s mum and a Korean family are heading to Muir Woods in a while. Before that, I headed to Lombard Street...the Windest road in San Francisco... Driving down those hairpin remind me of the animation, Initial D. At each corner of the turn is actually someones house and indoor parking garage.


12.25pm

Northbound to Miur Forest through Golden Gate Bridge


5.25pm
After spending hours in Miur Woods where you see lots and lots of red wood trees, Stream but literally no sight of any wild life at all. No fish in the stream, no buzzing insects around, just couple of quiet spiders sitting on their webs. It’s a quiet and peaceful forest. So mellow I slept on a bench looking up the trees for an hour.

Miur Woods...the Red Wood Forest

We have a short stop at the Miur Beach and that’s when I decided to head straight for the Light House before sunset thus leaving my travel group to their own activity. A short and quick good bye to all of them. We exchanged E-mail and I give the Korean family my US number to call once they come to Dallas 2 weeks later. I promise to send Amita my Singapore number in case she visit next time.


Miur Beach....Sparkling Water...

No comments: