Friday, March 30, 2007

San Francisco California Pacific Route 1 Blog -- Part 3

After Miur Woods and Miur Beach, I headed down the Pacific Coast. Its already getting dark. This is Part 3 of my travel Journal...

7.20pm

I traveled the California Route 1 Pacific Coast Road, hopping to reach the Point Montara Light House Hostel before Sunset. Half way along the Journey, I spotted a long pier extending into the beautiful sunset pacific ocean. It is located along Beach Blvd, beach name is ‘Sharp Park Beach”. Although the houses located along the ocean is suppose to be a “East Coast” Valued location, it look pretty cheap on the outside.

Great View, Great location, Tsunami to worry about...

This is the pacific ocean, strong wave pounding the pier and the water break while angler gathered oblivious to the beauty of the ocean current, their eyes fixed to the rod, hopping to bring home a big catch tonight.

The sunset is beautiful and thank god the camera capture it really well. Its getting late, I better head to the Hostel at Point Montara Lighthouse before it gets too dark to drive. The pacific pier is really a nice spot to bring your “other one” to watch the Sunset.


9.35pm
I thought I will be able to catch some rest at the Youth Hostel located at Montara Lighthouse; The plan was to stay over night at the Hostel and head back on the road due south the next day morning. Its dark and it make no sense to waste the stamina and petrol driving along the pacific coast for you get to see nothing at al in the dark.

Alas, the rooms are all fully booked for the night and the next nearest Hostel along the southbound road is 27 miles away at Pigeon point Lighthouse. At less the staff at Montara was helpful enough to call and reserve a bed for me at the other side.

Absolutely no choice at all unless I want to stay at Montara and sleep in the car. I need a shower, brush my teeth and catch some quality sleep,

The drive south to Pigeon Point was absolutely boring, a sign board along the way ironically said this is a scenic route when the only thing I could see is the cat eyes along the road. Broing 27 miles south, wasting all that supposedly great ocean view and the sight of Half Moon Bay and its little airstrip. Lesson learn- Book your Hostel before hand.

10.35pm
So here I am right now, safe and sparkling clean in the Hostel. Tonight I am sharing a dorm room with a German Kid name “Yaohan” (drove here) and a US guy name Ryan (cycled here). Gonna knock off now….Zzzzz

Sleepy Lighthouse... Yawn...

No comments: