Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lock N Lock

While trying to jump start my colleagues vehicle by myself, I accidentally close the door, lock myself out of the his car and left the key in on the driver seats. Almost panic stricken as my wallet and hand phone are in it. Unlike my own vehicle, I don't have a spare car key for his! I almost resorted to breaking the window or calling a lock smith. Thank goodness my neighbor who happen to be the apartment maintenance stuff for St Marin dropped. Must be my distressed look...

Using a long wired hook made out of clothes hanger, he managed to pick the key out of the driver seat through a narrow opening of the driver's side door. Was extremely relieved and grateful for his help. Even for someone who don't speak English well (He could have migrated from Mexico), he is but all smile when it comes to lending a hand. What a close call for me...I thank him before getting back to jump starting the vehicle again.

Than it happen again...this time after I was unsuccessful in cranking up the car even with jump start cable hooked to my Miata's car battery, I got out of the vehicle and the natural instinct to shut the down happens again, this time leaving the car key in the key slot! You see, all the cars I drove do not "self lock" itself when I shut the door except for this stupid car. Once bitten but not shy at all....I locked myself out of the vehicle again. The feeling is like missing a point blank soccer goal a second time...

By some miracle intervention, my good neighbor pass by again and I must be looking really really stupid to lock myself out again but yet again, with the same old wire (make out of the clothes hanger), he manged to unlock the car. The same smile from him and he drove away again... I am twice grateful now...

Something tell me I shouldn't attempt to jump start the car myself because the cock up I made seems to be increasing in intensity. Packed up all the stuff, hop into my Miata and headed off for lunch at MacDonald, recounting the misadventure I have today.

No comments: