Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hotel booked for Taiwan Trip

I made a reservation for Good Ground Hotel by mistake and have to cancel it. The review of it was horrible and the bathroom looks more like a Hostel shared bathroom than a 3 Star hotel bath room. Have to pay S$10 cancellation fee though. Fact is not all hotel around XiMenTing area are good hotel. TS Hotel and Rainbow Hotel are highly recommended by people in online travel forum and casual reviewers of Tripadvisor.com. However, due to their high demand, its all sold out.

Good Ground Hotel with Not So Good bathroom

Chance upon another well reviewed hotel near XiMenDing area called East Dragon Hotel 东龙大饭店。It got all the good reviews on AsiaRooms.com by former residents. Immediately drop a line to directly to the Hotel using Skype as there is no online reservation website available and was greeted by a friendly front desk staff. I don't know if they speak English or not so I did not take chances with the language barrier. In my most accented Taiwanese Chinese, I made the reservation for 7th May 2008 to 14th May 2008. Great!!! They got the Family Suite available for reservation. So happy man....finally after two unsuccessful attempt to book hotel like TS Hotel and Rainbow Hotel + 1 crappy mistake of booking "No So Good Ground Hotel", I finally got a hotel for my family stay in Taipei.

Some walking distance to the MRT , Train Station and XiMenDing. Well a little exercise is good for my two old folks and my desk bounded sister. The Hotel logo look respectable.

Now all thats left is to work on my half completed itinerary. I learn something about booking hotel. Sometimes, its better to call the Hotel directly to make reservation than going through the website.

No comments: