Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Be back on 31st of May

Oh boy...looks like the dates are most likely to be firm. My tour of duty (or tour of USA) will officially end on the 31st of May 2008. Will miss out the Taiwan trip for sure and confirm miss out the wedding Dinner. Paiseh to Alfred and April...I was really looking forward to be the "brother" for the customary wedding. When the Call Of Duty from our country is pass down, there is no way to reject it. If there is any news that the original departure date of 4th stays, I think it will be a bonus.

Well, I am prepared for the extension and the extra allowance amounting to S$2000++ for my stay from 4th to 31st May. Well, I don't mind extending my stay for another month now. Ha ha!!! $$$$$.

Although I miss out on the Taiwan trip, I still got to plan it out for my family which is giving me a bit of a headache. You see, I am into backpacking and hostel style of travelling... dropping by a country without too much of a planning and simply just explore and discover. However for my family and with my absence, I'm so worried that they might not know where to go or how to get from places to places. This require a detail itinerary.... which I have already start working it out today. 7 Days of travelling in Taiwan and I have only finish planning Day 2 of the itinerary after 3 hours of online clicking. Phew...still got a Detachment briefing to prepare for next Monday.

Well, opportunity for Mum and Dad to go for overseas Holiday is rare. Sis is doing really well in her career and I have just save a little gold pot from my overseas duty in USA. I guess its a good time to let them indulge in the good things in life. I say to myself "Better now or Regret later" (You know what I mean).

Think I will get them to US for Holiday if I ever have an opportunity to be back in US again for a second tour of duty.

No comments: