Saturday, September 23, 2006

Touch Down--Toronto Canada

Finally! I am here, touch down at Pearson Airport after a 3 hours flight from Dallas/ForthWorth from 6.30am. Night shift work ended at 1.30am and it was really rush to get home, bath, do some final packing and with Ricky and his car help, got to Dallas/Forth Worth airport at 3am. Spend much of the early morning sleeping at the airport cause the check in time at Air Canadian counter was 4.30am.

Reached Toronto at local time 10am and now its time to figure out how to get to DownTown Toronto and to the Canadian Backpacker Hostel to catch some sleep. Yup, pretty tired for the first day thus I rather spend the day sleeping and rest so I am recharge for a full day activity the next day. Thanks to my research previously for the trip, finding the way to DownTown Toronto was not that difficult. Public transport here is way better than Dallas where it is almost non-existants. Toronto got a very good transport system as far as I have observed. I took Bus 192A "Rockets" from the Arrival hall to Kipling Subway Station.

The "Rocket", fancy name for an SBS style bus


Was really surprise that the CAN$2.75 I paid for the Bus service actually allows me free transfer over to the Subway services. Kipling station, which is on the Bloor-Danforth line brings me Eastward for a subway switch to "Yonge-University-Spadina" line heading North/South. It is well named the University lines since all I see are mostly young university students in the train. Head south next to "St Andrews" station which puts me right in the middle of the financial district or "Exchange Tower". Its like Raffles Place with all the tall buildings and scrolling LCD screens.

While heading West along King Streets towards the backpacker hostel, its impossible to miss the tallest building in Toronto, the CN Tower. Its such a big landmark that the best way to get there is just by walking towards it.

The Candle on the cake...



After a 15 minutes walk in the cool early autumn weather of Toronto, I finally reached "Canadian Backpacker Hostel". Not a very friendly bunch of staff I find but for the price of CAN$30 per day of stay, you can't expect too much of a customer service too. Nice cosy bed and a hot shower is all I need right now.


ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: