Thursday, September 21, 2006

Last day preparation for Canada Toronto

After 3 days of more than 12 hours a day night shift work, I am glad I manage to get home at 1.30am today. Yesterday was really horrible, some work stuff cock up and we work till 4am (Today), literally from Dusk to Dawn work timing. When I got home after taking an early breakfast with my colleague, it was almost sun rise. The Sunrise can be enjoyed from my home balcony since its facing the east. The scenery brings a calm ending to a day of hard physical and mental work.


Its 2am now and doing my bag packing for the 10 day long holiday while simultaneosly chatting with my girl online and clearing all the household bills from Singapore and US bills. She is feeling a bit sick today and that kind of worried me especially when I am going for my holiday soon. Pray god for a speedy recovery.

So whats packing in Riccardo's giant backpack now for his first US backpacking trip?

1) Just 4 Days worth of clothings.
What?! Surviving in the filthy clothings for the rest of the trip? Nah, just gonna pack light initially and buy clothes from Toronto during the standard Singaporean shopping trip. The average temperature will be 15 degree celsius during the day and below 10 at night. Finally, I could bring those cold weather clothings and jeans out from the wardrode after collecting dust over the summer period in Texas.

2) Toiletries...in another bag
Toothpaste, tooth brush, Shaver (i need to shave everyday, grown man loh), Shampoo and soap. Thanks to the failed terrorist plot to blow up some British Airline planes...all liquid item are now prohibited for carrying on hands onboard all American flights. So I have to put all this in a small bag for baggage check in. Kind of an under utilization of my previlege.

3) Digital Camera, Spare Batteries and Charger.
No way to go to a brand new place without my Digital Camera. Lots of photos to snap land it will be like a attendance book for my visit to Toronto and Niagara Fall and maybe New York if I got the time. Of course, extra batteries is a must and a small charger will come in handy too. With a 1GB SD card on hand, it allow me thousands over shots on the camera, something films can't do at all without changing lots of rolls of films. Currently holding a Nikon Coolpix 3200 digital camera, not the best in the market but sufficient. My Sony Ericsson W800i Camera phone will play a supporting role during the trip.

4) My laptop
Got a big enough bag for my laptop, a spare battery and a charger. Have brought a Laptop sleeve to put it in so that those hard objects in my backpack will not damage it. Objective is to blog daily in Toronto so laptop is a must! However, I sure hope it will be much smaller like 12inch instead of 15.4

5) Passport, Cash and Credit Card.
I can forget about bringing anything but I can never ever forget about PCC (ha ha...sound dirty.) Passport, Cash and Credit card. Although US Citizen can cross the longest unprotected border in the world to Canada without a passport, just a green card.... foreigners like me don't enjoy such bonus. CASH is king! Without everything, you can survive on CASH alone in a City but probably not in Sahara desert. CASH is the common commodity exchange recgonize around the world. Credit card just make CASH really compact...thats all.


Will be working night shift the day before my 6.30am flight on Friday. Gonna rush home straight after work, make final preparation before heading to the Airport just 10mins away from home.


No comments: