Saturday, September 02, 2006

A call from the Vet...

Recieved a voicemail from the Vet, Dr Marshall this morning. "Hi Tan, this is Dr Marshall here. I have very bad news for you. Sugar (my 1 week old pet name) passed away this morning and we are very very sorry about it. We can arrange for a the body to be taken back for your private burial or you can choose to let us help you with a Private cremation."."

Huh? Thats it? After all those effort and prayers and it concluded with Sugar passing. I tried fighting back my tears upon hearing the news but bits of it got squeeze out of my eyes due to over-pressure. Very sad that a life was lost, very frustrated that all that I have done could not bring her back to life and VERY VERY Angry of whoever the culprit it was which is still now a big mystery. Right in my mind, it was flashback and imagination...Flashback of the moment I pick her lifeless body out of the cage, the rescue effort in the bathroom, the distress call to Karen and the vet and the false relief I have when I left her with the vet. Imagination of Sugar's last moment in the hospitalization cage, giving up her life with that last breath...

This is heart breaking moments. Although I have not really bonded with the pet but a lost life sure sadden and demoralize me the whole day. Was suppose to go off from work early today to check on her progress but instead I came to the Pet Clinic to be console by the Staff and Dr Marshall. Unfortunately I was not able to take a last look at Sugar's body before it was send for cremation this weekend, a communication breakdown earlier on over the phone cause her to be send right out before I even reach the Vet clinic.

You know what? While on the way to the Vet Clinic earlier on, I was telling Kok Meng ,who is fetching me there, that I don't felt so down anymore...I just want to close Sugar's last chapter properly, get the job done, get the bill of US$283 settled. Yes, this unfortunate incident did not just hurt me mentally but burn a small hole in my pocket. All the diagnostic, oxygen, medication, hospitalization stay, waste disposal, cremation service, pine wood urn for Sugar's ashes is not cheap.

BUT!!!!

I DID MY BEST FOR SUGAR AND I HAVE NO REGRET

JUST

AN UNSOLVED MURDER CASE...

Snappy, the 8 months old boy is now staying all by himself. Will be heading to Petland to get him a company...

No comments: