Monday, July 30, 2007

2007 North Texas Soccer League

Yes! After missing last season, I have make it a point that I register for the coming season soccer league! Just received an "official" e-mail from Encik Mani on the league details and heads up on who is in our team and who is not. Our team name is FC SINUSA=FootBall Club Singapore United States, a team make up of Singaporean and American. There we go, a team of diplomatic Allies.

Frankly, I was pretty proud to be part of the team and be playing in this league. This is the first time I ever played in a Official soccer league. This time, we are registered to play in Division 10 and the league season start 19th August and ends at 21st October. So from now to than, most of the weekend will be spend in Scrimmage games to train up for the games.

Glad to see my name mention in the list of new players (kudos to Encik Mani) and whats with the nickname "Carvalho"? Oh...a Portugal player as I read from Wikipedia. Man...I better live up to that name cause I am an awful player sometimes. The running is not a problem but my ball senses is totally off. Maybe because I spend too much time as a Goal Keeper in the past and not having too much experience chasing and getting chased on the field. Slowly and surely, all this soccer games I played in US have improve my game play slightly. I gonna make the next few training games count. I think I like playing on the attacking side and running through the offside lines. Still have no news what position I will be playing but I will have no qualm playing left defense too. Time to use more of those sliding tackle in the coming games.

Thinking of buying a soccer ball to train....hmmm... Here is the official website for the league.

http://www.ntpsa.org/


And did I mention that this season, our team is proudly sponsor by our favorite car workshop, HON ACURA. Louis the boss there. Wow... I think he is betting on our team too.

No comments: