Saturday, July 07, 2007

Back from Nature, Back from Holiday and Back to Dallas

Suppose to go to Heaven but God banish me back to Earth, missing by a few feet

Howwwwwddddddyyyyy hoooo!!!! Anyone miss me? I hope not cause I don't miss anyone back in Dallas especially work! (Just joking lah, miss my friends back here in Dallas and Singapore a bit).

My tour have brought me estimated 3500 miles around the United States in a 3.6L V6 Pontiac G6 that suffer tons of bugs splatter in the front bumper which should disgust the car rental company when I return the vehicle tomorrow. Brought back from my tour lots of Inspiration, eye opener, ideas, eagerness to see more of the world and America, a Speeding ticket, Sunburn and travel souvenirs.

It all started 1 and a half week ago from Dallas to Amarillo to see the Cadillac Ranch than off to Colorado for a night rest at the Air Force Academy Inn.

Day 2 was Rocky Mountain at Denver where besides taking a plane, I headed up to 11,500 ft where the air is thin and a walk feels like a run.

Day 3 was spend driving all the way from Denver to Wyoming to the US first National Park, the YellowStone National park where me and my travel photographer Garfield stayed for 4 days, 1 day in a Hotel and 3 days of outdoor camping.

On the 7th Day of our tour, we spend the whole day just driving to the City of Alliance at Nebraska to see the Car Henge and spending the night in a Inn.

8th Day was another day of almost 10 hrs driving passing Kansas and into Missouri where we rest for a night in Whiteman Air Force Base Inn, the home of the B2 Spirit Stealth Bomber.

On the 9th Day, we drove to the City of St Louis to visit the Jefferson National Expansion Monument a.k.a the Gate Arch. Incredible, when I thought its just another metal sculpture it turn out to be a huge museum under ground and also a tram ride up to the top!

On the 10th Day, which is today, we headed to our last destination.... Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, Missouri all the way at the west edge of Missouri, near Oklahoma State. Understanding the back ground behind the art and figurine, I no longer think its just cute stuff for kids and girls.... its a figurine and art that brought peace and joy to people as a gift and collection. The Chapel is an amazing display of art strongly inspired by Christianity.

Anyway, its good to be back home cause I miss my bed and my blogging. Got to wash clothes, do house work, pay overdue bill and consolidate the travel expenses. Good thing got the July bonus to buffer my heavy spendings this month. Well, I need the pictures from my travel buddy to blog onwards from here. Stay tune next time ok? Good night!

Did not come back empty handed for myself, as usual.

No comments: