Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"School Rumble" rocks!!!

I can't believe myself watching anything other than Mecha, Medieval or war story Anime. Not until someone introduce me to the anime call "School Rumble". Oh dear, not another of those cutie pie anime which is nothing but all about love story and character just acting cute and girlie, I thought.

Well, just after watching Episode one of "School Rumble" I am already hooked to the series for its school life love story of Harima Kenji attempt to get close and confess to Tenma Tsukamoto which often put him in embarrassing situation and couple of hilarious screw-up. However Tenma Tsukamoto was too unaware of Harima and have a crush on the class quiet and block head guy, Kurasame who seems to be totally disconnected from the rest of the world. The "Initial D" parody in the first episode when Harima chase Tenma and Tenma chase Kurasame on a bicycle was one hilarious parodization of Initial D which make this Anime even more appealing. Here is the video clip from Youtube.



Overall a comical and like hearted Anime that will definately get you hooked and in some way relate back to our secondary school life in one scene or another. Somehow Harima Kenji remind me of 樱木花道 from Slam Dunk and Karasuma of 柳川风。 I was doing guard duty in base yesterday and watched 15 episode in one go on a big projection screen. Well its a good change from watching all those big robots war story anime like Gundam. As a appreciation to this wonderful Anime (5/5 in my rating), I extract some part of the video and make a desktop wallpaper.

No comments: