Friday, July 13, 2007

Moving house for my plants

Nice flowers in a slum settlement.

Tall tower with weak foundation that often topple in the wind.


My plants are just screaming for help everyday. You see, they are no longer baby anymore for they are now pretty mature teenager with bushes and flowers. They have out grown the Ben and Jerry Ice Cream container I initially plant the seeds in and with no more room to expand those growing roots of theirs, the growth is getting bit retarded. Furthermore, that limited amount of soil means I got to water more frequently cause there is no room in the pot for more soil thus more water retention. Sometimes, missing out a watering schedule make the leaves look half dead, droopy.

They got to thank god that today I am on off day and thus is oblige to move house for all the plants still hanging on to their dear life in a Ben and Jerry Ice Cream container. Took me an hour and US$8.50 (for the new pots, soil and shovel) for the house moving effort. Plant pruning was also carried out for all the plants as they tend to grow anyhow up down left right. With too much leaves around and also dry ones hanging on to their last breath, it sometime impede to growth of flower on the plant itself. So do I want the nutrients to go to the flowers or the leaves? The flowers of course! No one give leaves to girls right? Only flowers and bit of leaves.

No more Ben and Jerry, just proper plant pots.

Since its summer, I decided to try out a pot of sunflowers. Just gonna sit back, water everyday and with lots of Sun Shine, I should see the seedlings in a few days.

No comments: