Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bat in the Base

Recently a bat flew into our hanger, flew into the structure flight room and injured itself when it collided with something. We brought it to our bay and as all of us are experienced with fixing mechanical birds, we are totally at lost of how to recover this organic flying creature. Somehow I don't know why but I must have some kind of premonition that I decided to bring along my digital camera to base today. So this present a excellent opportunity to take some photos for memory sake, my first close encounter with bats. Bats are blind so flash light from the camera is Ok with them...






One of our guy left it in a foam cushion box overnight, haven't got a clue what we should do with it. Unfortunately, it pass away the next morning. Postmortem conclude either internal injuries or the cold air conditioning might me the C.O.D (Cause Of Death).

I thought I might consider going for some Bats Watching around where I stay since Texas have the largest colony of Bats in United States ... WEB LINK

No comments: