Sunday, April 01, 2007

San Francisco California Pacific Route 1 Blog --Part 4

This is the last Part of my travel blog... I called it Part 4 - "After waking up at Pigeon Point Light House". Here are the link to Part 1 to 3 for you guys who have no idea where I was before Part 4.
Part 1 , Part 2, Part 3

9.00am 24/3
My stay at Pigeon Point Lighthouse is coming to an end today but not without meeting this 60 years old Grandma from Brooklyn. At first she seems slightly irritated when she realize that I was working with the US Military but I got to assure her that I was merely a mechanic and have no political inclination towards Bush and whatever military policy he have. Apparently she seems to hate to the bone the government lead by the current President. Old Grandma went ahead and rattled,

“Democracy and Freedom that we start so strong with have been slowly and unconsciously taken away.”
“I felt a sense of dictatorship”
“The US School health care system is in poor condition”
“The Media is bad”


I see… behind all this Super Power U.S.A propaganda is an old lady that is very piss off with how her country is going. It makes me think, a country is like a body, if you don’t nourish, detoxified and maintain from within, how is the body able to take care of its condition above skin level? I think US should take care of themselves well before taking charge of other peoples problem.
Got to head off to the edge of the light house for a while now. The little girl here said she spotted a couple of Harbor Seals while she is trying to spot the whales in the ocean.

9.20am
Pretty foggy day through the Pacific Ocean. At this condition, probably won’t be able to catch any whales at all even if the Horizon seems visible. Still, I manage to spot the Harbor Seals, resting on the rocks trying to get some warmth from the cold ocean water.


Whale Watchers


Thanks to the lady who lend me her Bushnell Binoculors, I got a good view of those lazy seals. Its really cold even in Spring right here, I wonder how thick their fats are. Now a little bit of knowledge, Harbor Seals got white speckles and normal seals are just solid brownish color.

Some pictures of the lighthouse I stayed over night at to share with you guys. Of course I am not staying inside the lighthouse but the buildings around it.





Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Hostel I stayed in, its call the Dolphin building

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Bedroom, The Living Room and The Kitchen
9.55am
I am heading down, 7 mins drive to Ano Nuevo State Reserve where I learn there is a large grouping of Elephant Seals.

10.30am
Spotted a grill café name Gazo Grill along the way to Ano Nuevo State Reserve. Suddenly felt I have not really took a proper meal since coming back to U.S.A and the sign just make me hungry. So the Elephant seal got to wait while I fill my stomach with a Cabrillo Highway Omelet and a big glass of Dr Pepper.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Life goes on slowly for me so far but driving all the way to the California coast have been an eye opening and heart opening experience. I am sure I could go on with this traveling thing forever, discovering new places. I think this world is just too big for a mouthful. Too many places to go and people to meet. Just USA itself, you probably could spend a life time here and not be able to finish exploring it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Hope I could ride a bike and explore instead of driving.


Sometime I feel like a small little creature in this big big world. This world just dwarfed me.

11.00am
BURP!!!....I’m full.

12.00pm
Sure is a very long walk from the Visitor Center to the staging point where the guided tour start. Paid US$6 for the State Reserve parking fee and S$5 for the guided tour. Those folks behind me kept up real well for the ¾ miles walk.
Words from the State Reserve Volunteers,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Words of "Colonel Sanders Wannabe"...
“You will be wondering around animal in their wild habitat”
“This is not the show Animal Planet or National Geographic”

Those seals are pretty cute. Somehow most of the adults are gone and whats left are all the young pup, by their own…learning how to swim by themselves and learning how to hunt the food by themselves. No coaching from the small number of adult on the beach who are more concern about lazing and sleeping around.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bark!!! Bark!!! Bark!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
To be honest, if they don't move...I thought its a mass slaugter ground for seals

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
RIC WAS HERE!!!!


2.00pm

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Heading South to Santa Cruz…. Lots of beach along the way and lots of surfers.

3.00pm
I lost my way in Santa Cruz and got drove myself into University College Santa Cruz, located within a Red Wood forest. Now I have to turn around and drive back where I came from. Just going to Drive around Santa Cruz and explore the place a bit. Small little City… nothing much...a small downtown area, smaller than Yishun.

5.00pm
Reached San Jose, the home of Silicon Valley. See nothing around Downtown except Adobe Inc, creator of the Photoshop software. I headed north on Route 82 towards Sunnyvale and Mountain View City. Chance upon my CD/ DVD burning software company ROXIO.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Stopped at a petrol station to use the washroom. I need to check the map again thus I turn on my Laptop and was surprise that this whole place is actually connected to a free GOGGLE WiFi network. That gave me an Idea… lets visit Goggle Inc!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Free WiFi!!! Brought to you by Google Inc


6.20pm
I was crazy enough not to finish reading about the History of Google before heading out where their company is located. The first time I read it, it said Menlo Park…so headed there and found no Google. Than I read its History again and realize it have move to University Avenue, Palo Alto…so headed there and found no Google. Finally realize after Google out grown their office in this two previous location, they have been relocated to 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway in a building leased from Silicon Graphic Inc.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Not easy to search for this Search Engine... Finally made it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No one work on Saturday...


Saw the Computer History Museum in the area but due to my flight schedule, I have no time to explore at all.

8.00pm
Headed back to the airport to return the car and catch my flight back to Dallas. Before that I have drove back to San Francisco City to take pictures of the Bay Bridge but did not cross it due to traffic jam.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


12.30am 25/3
In American Airline AA530 on my way back to Dallas….time to sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha.. good. Guess you are getting better and better when come to travelling. I believe I have to work harder if not you will catch up to me very soon!!!

haha.....