Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sickness and work and just a little blog.

My farewell gift from the RSAF Peace Prairie Detachment, a plaque and a mug. Precious Moment soldier not included. Thanks to this opportunity, I learnt how to spell the word 'Prairie'.



No, I'm not complaining that I am sick of work. I just learn something today; never take chocolate ice cream before bedtime. I got a bad case of sore throat and flu when I woke up at noon today and got to drag my weak body to work. Its the first time I felt really sick after many months. How convenient it will be to take an MC for Tuesday and Wednesday but since I am only doing guard duty (just sitting around working on papers) on Tuesday and getting my off on Wednesday, I guess I will just save that US$10 consultation fee and brave my body for work on Tuesday. Drink lots of water and take an Aspirin, watch an episode of South park season 12 and head to bed. I hope I get better when I wake up.

Today my section morning shift guys worked into the night with us to recover aircraft. Not again!!! 6 PCLs adjustment!!! I lost count how many time we have to go through this dreadful task but the frequency is increasing obviously. Kudos to our morning shift guys for sacrificing their of duty hours to assist us in the night shift but I wonder beside us and some other ground guys tonight, does the management see the sacrifice man are willing to take without even needing a commanding decision? I'm sure my immediate maintenance officer do see some of us stretching the hours for the sake of operational readiness but do the "People Riding The Horse" see it as well? Sometime it will be nice to see a couple of them hanging around after dark just to check out on the maintenance guy or get to know our work. I'm not bitching that we got not enough man power or what but its how we could all build better bonding. Please throw the bullshit about they been the customer and we been the service provider, thats clearly drawing the line. Complementing our manpower will be ideal. Obviously its gonna be a problem if either side can't fly properly or generate good aircraft.

It take two hands to clap not just the left hand to take things from the right.

You see, the "Grease Monkey" never have a day without activity or work. During flying, we got to watch out for rectification and when there are no flying we got to do phase servicing. When there are no phase servicing, we got to clean the hangar and roll out red carpet for VIPs visit. When audit comes, its like Chinese New Year, have to clean up paper work, examine process and clear the "garbage" before the DAY comes. Oh boy...I got so use to it liao....its been 5 years liao.

I wonder if I become radical in the way I get things done, will it be a stubborn nail sticking out of a wood waiting to be hammer down or will it be a few bloom of flowers in a desert savanna.

Mum, Dad and Sis are in Taipei now. Not able to dial through my sis phone although she mention she got auto roam. So I can only send her a one way SMS with Skype to check if they are doing fine and wish my Mum a happy mother day on 11th May. How I wish I could join them if not for the stupid Administrative cock up that stuck me in Dallas. Now I rather they extend me for another 6 more months Tour Of Duty...the extra money will come in Handy.

No comments: