Saturday, May 03, 2008

Ready to go and leave everything behind.

All my bags are pack, I'm ready to go, I'm throwing everything (my work), outside the door. Its time to leave everything related to my work behind. Cause I'm leaving for some fresh air and nature all the way at the southern tip of Texas, right close to the border of USA/Mexico. Need to get away from the BS of my work cause sometime it smell so bad I am suffocating. Have to top up some fresh air from Big Bend National Park.

Never been there before but I always like nature, the desert, the mountain and the trees. It felt like I am getting back to Civilization which sound kinda ironic but if consider the real "Civilized" world of work is actually giving most people the headache ...I may not be wrong. Of course we got to earn our dues from this "Civilized" world or else how can we escape from it? Alas, most are trapped in this rat race. I wanna get out!!!

Well, its a temporary get out for me with this short road trip with Darren and Tony. I can stop thinking about the stupid SAF finance directive of "3 quotes" to came back to haunt me right now thanks to my rushed initiative last year. I can forget about bills, cleaning the apartment, about life back in Singapore in a few weeks time, about the girl I like....about everything that is bothering me right now.

We just got our rental vehicle today. A free "under the table" upgrade from a In-line 4 Chevrolet Cobalt compact car to a V6 Pontiac G6 intermediate car. Adding on is the military discount we got although we never have to go to war for the United States.


Our trip will take us all the way south...to Big Bend National Park located near Mexico. Its gonna be a long 9 hours drive but I'm sure like every other road trip I been to, we bound to catch some adventure along the way.




I don't know what I will get to see because Darren is the guy who organize this trip and did all the itinerary. We are going to stay in Chisos Mining Co. Motel, a little Cabin tucked right at the corner of a desert. Pretty exciting I think. At less its something new. Well to me the best thing about travel is the exploration of the unknown. Again, will photo blog my trip when I come back on Monday evening.

No comments: