Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scam alert

I know some of your guys in US, especially my fellow colleague in the base is reading my blog. Never have I ever find it serious or urgent to bring your attention to my article until today. I was scam US$500 to purchase a set of poor quality made in China Home Theater Speaker system call 'Genesis Media Lab IM4'. It was a moment of greed on my part and clever ploy by this Ang Mo guy driving a black SUV Van. The deal appear to be really good on the surface with all the MSRP, MADE IN USA stickers and awards winning magazine he shown me to make it appear that I am only paying 500 bucks for a High quality US$4599 system. I should have known better. I nearly instigate my fellow colleague into the scam who happen to be around the area but good thing they did not buy any stuff from that con man. This is a well documented scam on the Internet and for the well being of your money, please please please read this link.

Genesis Media Lab Scam

The only saving grace here is I am not the only one that was victimized. As you read the blog link above, several people got con and couldn't believe how stupid they are. I just have to admit I was gullible today. So guys and gals, watch out alright? This is one expensive lesson but there have been even more expensive one in my life... Here is a forum where victims recount what happen during the process. As you can see, its a long list of people and their bad experience, some really heartbreaking ones too like the father who got this speaker set home thinking its a good deal but the son realize it was a scam but dare not tell his dad cause its Christmas Day.


Just have a chat with a friend over the phone a while ago. Apparently this scam do happen in Singapore too! So please watch out!

No comments: