Saturday, May 10, 2008

Caught her in my sight.

She is zesty, energetic and most of all my type of women. She might no be pretty in most common man standard, could even compare her to Ugly Betty with her thick black frame glasses but she is really "meaty" with nice body curve revealing through her body hugging shirt. She is neither white or black but brown like Minah. I like her smile when she ask if everything is alright and I look her in the eye. She kinda like to whisper in respond when I ask for ketchup, refills or paper napkin. I wonder how she looks like beyond that black frame glasses that surely mask a certain alluring beauty. I'm sure if she dress up well out of work, she is gorgeous. For a moment I thought of asking her out on a date, something I never had tried in United States despite this country been way more liberal than our conservative Asian society back in Singapore. I could have started with something like "Did I ever see you before at Arlington University"? or maybe "You look really Asian with those eyes" or maybe "I think you have a pretty face"? Hmm... lame.

I ask her for a To-Go box for the dinner I couldn't finish up, 6 oz of Chicken Fried Steak and 3 buttermilk fluffy pan cakes. With her usual enthusiasm, she dart off to the kitchen and came back with what I needed. I can't help looking over my book to catch a glimpse of her back walking to the kitchen. For once, I almost thought she was doing a cat walk, a fast one though. The bill came along too and my dinner was US$12.00 plus $1 tips for her. On the bill itself, her name was Ruby Z and she is just one of the few servers at the Market Blvd IHOP restaurant. I got to see her again....

No comments: