Friday, May 30, 2008

Its over...finally

Its all over. I have completed the official handing over of my Detachment appointment especially the SWENCH issue that have been bugging me for a long time. Good thing a solution came yesterday that allow me to clear up the "3 quote" issue. Really have to thank my boss for giving the go ahead despite the cock up of the paper work during the purchase process.

Spend a good 6 hours yesterday handing over my appointment to Hock Wee and Jun Yao. Have to sweat it out to account for all the stuff in the storeroom. I wish them all the best in their tour of duty.

Today I submitted my clearance form and got my air tickets for Japan and Singapore, my passport and my docket ( a collection of the Empire paperwork I have no idea of its importance. Today I also went back to my former apartment at St Marin (I am staying in Hotel right now) to make sure the US$60 we paid for the cleaning was well spend. Glad to say, I was really satisfied with the cleaning my neighbor did for me.

Coming Sunday, I will be in Japan. Here is a rough itinerary of where our group will be going.

Sunday - Arrive Tokyo Narita Airport Terminal one. Look for baggage storage to store our main lugguage. Take express train to Tokyo or Nippori and than switch to the Yamanote Line to Akihabara. Proceed to Capsule Inn, check in, shower and change. Explore Akihabara at night and have a simple dinner.

Monday- Head off to Shibuya for our exploration. Have not research the place yet but just walk walk see see. Next stop will be Harajuku. Although its a weekday, I hope to catch the sight of Cos-players on the street. Meji Shrine is really close to Harajuku station too and thats is a must go again. Explore Yoyogi Park. Visit Snoppy Town. For dinner, it will be on budget and I'm thinking of checking out food stall located at Subway station to fill the stomach. Inform by guys that this is where the cheapest food will be. End the day with a little tour of the "Nightlife" at Shibuya little corners.

Tuesday- Wake up early morning at 5am and head down to Tsukiji Fish Market to watch the auction. Next have breakfast at one of the many sushi stall around the area. Must be the freshest Sushi or Sashimi I will ever eat. Head down to Asakusa to visit the Senoji Buddhist temple, pray for blessing to friends and family. Before sunset, take a subway to Onarimon Station and visit Tokyo Tower! Will remind me of one Japanese drama I watch in the past. Dinner on budget again. Subway food again??? We see... Or maybe have some nice food on the bill at Roppongi Hill.

Wednesday- Breakfast in Akihabara area. Head down on an hour train ride west to Mitaka Station where Studio Ghibli Museum is located. Its a must go for my itinerary no matter what. Everytime I think of Tokyo, I think of the Museum. Will buy the afternoon tickets from Lawson store opposite Capsule Inn and be there before noon to explore the surrounding area before spending a good whole day at the Museum. Dinner at Maid Cafe at Akihabara.



She will call me "Master".

Thursday- Last day is Shopping Day at Akihabara. Make sure I get all the Revoltech toys. 3 EVA, 1 Patlabor, 1 Macross or more! Explore the video game arcade.

Head down to the airport 4 hours in advance. Have dinner at Narita Aiport and fly 6 hours back to Singapore.

Revoltech Action Figures

Friday 1am- Reach Singapore. Sis coming to pick me up from Changi Airport. Go eat supper. Kwee Chap!!!!

No comments: