Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Facebook is fun!

Oh boy, now I just realize how much fun I have neglected. After registering myself with Facebook last year, I never went back to my Facebook until recently when an old friend told me to add her to my friend list. Today, I found myself writing more details into my profile and uploading fresh pictures into my Facebook. I find it a very good avenue of personal marketing and promotion. Maybe can use it as part of my resume in the future?


Talking about future. Been reading the book "The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People". There is this topic in "Beginning with the end in mind" about taking the time, sitting down and write a draft personal mission statement. This personal mission statement is not a static one but one that improve and enhance with time. I thought it will be good to write it in my favorite media of writing, this blog. I need some time to look into the mirror of life, give much thought process to it, examine successful wise people of the past before writing down the principles that will form the foundation of my personal mission statement. I'll start with this statement which I find it to benefit not only me but people around me.

"As a citizen or resident of this world, my mission is the acquiring of knowledge and to share it. Knowledge that is not only for a career but to share with to bring the best out of others. For the Earth turn and the world stop turning when people stop giving."

It might sound a bit shallow now but of course as time goes by, I will refine it. Let this be the first of the few important mission statement that will be the guiding beacon of my life (Hopefully I got at less 3 more decades to go).

Today went for Lunch and Karaoke with Jie Jie and MK. It was a great outing with them and made some new friends. Sung this nice song with them in the Karaoke... Beyond - 情人. Hmm Lover? New love? I'm not sure if I'm ready for one, my action and the passage of time will tell.



No comments: