Saturday, December 08, 2007

My tuition student is now an RSAF Pilot

Man...time really flies. During my Polytechnic days, I juggle between my Mechatronic studies and giving tuition to 4 Secondary School kids who have a tough time comprehending Math. One of my ex-student was Darren. Bright kid who just need a bit of guidance in his Math homework. I did also teach Darren younger brother with Math too but somehow he is more towards the Artistic, Right Brain area of talent.

Its been almost 5 years since I first started tutoring Darren. He was recently commission as 2nd Lieutenant after passing his Air Grading Course over at Australia. Early next year Feb, Darren will be heading to France to train on the A-4 Skyhawk which should lead him on to piloting the F-16 Falcon or the future F-15 Strike Eagle fighter jets.

Ha ha... The tuition teacher becomes a Technician while his student went on to be a Fighter Pilot. But you know what?I am really happy to know he is doing well in life and embarking on a prestigious and exciting career as a RSAF fighter pilot. Too bad, he is not coming to the Helicopter community else it will be really great to see him with the Chinook.

The people we met in our life affect the outcome of the future differently.

No comments: