Monday, December 17, 2007

A gift wrapping guard duty

Its Sunday and I'm on Guard duty. No one is working on Sunday obviously and I am by myself and have to whole luxury of spare times to do what I want. No movie watching today, no Nintendo DS, its a whole day dedicated to gift wrapping.




This is my work desk and I spend hours right here in a small corner of the base cutting, folding and sealing gift wraps. Its easy task if you are not really particular of presentation for the content beneath the wrap is whats matter. Seriously, I never wrap so much gift in a single day and I almost felt like I am some kind of Store assistant during Christmas Day helping customer do gift wrap. Now I know why some store actually charges money for doing so. Its pretty time consuming.

Few hours, a lunch break and many hours later...



Voila!!! Every gift neatly wrapped and tagged to the correct recipients. I actually prepared extra Christmas gift in case of contingencies. Every gift have a gift tag on it but I leave most of the "To:" empty while "Riccardo" is written on all the "From:" section except the gift for my mum where I wrote my Chinese name instead. Its kinda satisfying feeling to know that my Sunday have been put to good use besides serving the Nation by doing guard duty in Base. Its not really well wrapped and masking tapes are sticking out in every corner.



Everything neatly back to the big Oakley bag I brought along. Wah...its already sunset. Time flies, it begin in the morning and ended in the evening.


Decided not to buy take-away dinner outside the Base and have Cup noodle and Apple for dinner tonight. Ok, looks like everything is almost prep up for my home trip. I got the Christmas gift done up, my passport and air ticket are in the hands, all its left is to pack the luggages. Monday will be an off day and 1 more working day on Tuesday before I say Sayonara to USA... Mmmm....Chilli Crab is almost within my grasp!!!

Song Of The Day: Madonna, "Like A Prayer" 1989


No comments: