Sunday, December 23, 2007

Funeral in my neighbourhood.

How coincidence can it be? I came back to my apartment welcomed by 2 Chinese funeral. 1 under my block and another one at the next block across the road. Got startled up from my bed early this morning by the funeral musical procession bang trumpets and cymbals. For the first time in a years, i was woke up by something other than my alarm clock and there is no way to snooze it.

This is a Uniquely Singapore experience not to be found in tourist brochures. It serve to remind us how fragile life is and it often end with lots of music and a 500 degree flame...dust to dust, ashes to ashes.

Life is about balance of Material and Mental Wealth. Material = Shelter, Food and Water which is a life sustaining force for Health. Mental = Compassion, Wisdom which is our spirituality. When a human pass away, he/she no longer needs the Material of life but the action of his/her Mental continue to live on in our world from the people compassion have touched and wisdom have guided. When someone mention that our spirits still linger on earth after death, its not exactly ghost we seen in movies or stories, its just the results of what he/she did, be it the good or the bad that carry on through others life. Thats Spirituality in my own worlds.

What is Love??? I can't explain it... ha ha. Thats something we all don't really understand right?

No comments: