Friday, November 09, 2007

I'm back from Blog absents

Hello there, been out of the blogging scene for almost a week! Well I admit I have been really busy with, number 1 - Work and number 2- Video Project. Work is routine as usual, nothing to brag about, while the Video Project basically occupies all the time that I am awake and away from work. It was suppose to be made as a CD for our dear CO who is going to visit our base and with a very short production time. So its rush rush rush... I was almost at my wits end when half way through the production, those raw material like videos and pictures run out and my brain juice got stuck.

So its like a movie production where the editor just did not have enough film to work on. So far I am still only working on 1 "featured length" video production instead of the ambitious 3 I initially set my target on... better put all the egg in one basket this time I thought. And as for improvising thanks to the short time frame, I approached James, who is really talented with this kind of video editing thing to get two "featured length" video he made in the past to be included in the finalized VCD I am going to create for CO.

Oh...please leave the CO aside cause I don't know him and he may only know me vaguely. I decided this is a time to kill two birds with one stone. Instead of just making the VCD for CO, why not produce it for the guys (and gals) who will be leaving Peace Prairie Detachment in a few week times when their tour of duty ended?

So I took off today to dedicate this whole Thursday evening to complete this project. Everything have to be prep-up and ready for presentation during the farewell party this Saturday. I admit, James did a better job with his 2 videos compared to what I could struggle to produce this week. However looking on another perspective, working on my current video project sparked new interest in the direction of video production. Thinking of getting a camcorder before I head back so I could work on some mini-mtv project back in Singapore.

Ok some plans for the next few months. Thanksgiving Day will be coming that means some crazy sales will be happening 1 day after. Will be going to Q-up, "Hello Kitty MacDonald" style for a lap top which will be selling at jaw dropping price (limited Quantities). Next is another shopping trip at San Marcos for Christmas gift before heading back to Singapore. Finally, a short holiday trip is currently planned for Snowboarding at Ski Apache, New Mexico next year January.

No comments: