Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Have been pretty busy with work that I forgot to celebrate my Birthday with a treat to myself. Not really a big deal at all cause I still have many Birthday to come unless the Earth is Annihilated by some Aliens with Big Saucer Mother ship that need a virus and a nuke to be destroyed.

My Birthday was on Monday and today I am 26 years old. I could still vaguely remember the day that I landed on Earth 26 years ago, it was a big bang and than total darkness.... next thing I knew I was looking at lights from the ceiling while lying down in a glass cage. A small little note was sticking on the glass cage, Welcome to Earth dude, for the next many decades of your life, you will see the ugly side of human beings, the most volatile creature in this galaxy.

That note must be written by some very pessimistic creature or that little brat in my neighboring glass cage who probably have gone through a miserable 26 years of his life today. The truth is, everyone have a the good side and the bad side. If we could all tolerate the bad side while fully appreciating the good side, I think the Earth will be a peaceful place to stay now. Needless to say, we should all be conscience whats wrong with ourselves and correct it before someone get hurts.

Sadly I was not able to cash in my "Birthday-Off " on Monday thanks to the 'Emperor' visit. Last year my "Birthday-Off" also kanna makan because it falls on Sunday. Well, there is a popular saying in the SAF; "Off Is A Privilege, Not An Entitlement". So I say, lets not take it too hard lah. At less I still get a long distance Birthday wish from my dear bro Alfred and my dear Sis Rachel and a quite a short official Birthday celebration from all the guys in the base during last Saturday BBQ. Captain-B, David and Xiao Bai shared the celebration with me. Lastly, I got a present from my Da Jie!!!

Surprise!!! You got a present and a card! I'm so happy I became light-headed.

Hmm... it fits me really well! I love it. Just look at my smile!

This will make a statement at a Texas Hold Em game.

Seriously...I did not expect "Jack Skellington" before opening the present today! Laughed myself silly when I realize that my favorite background for photography got such close relation to my Birthday present. THANK YOU JIE JIE!!! If you are reading this, just wanna tell you I love this T-shirt!

This is my last Birthday in the United States and I do miss the time I had with my family. We always celebrate each other Birthday each year even if its just a simple cake cutting session. Mum, Dad, Sis and Me. As time goes by we headed out for a really nice dinner at a nice restaurant but will still still to the family tradition of having the birthday cake at home.



No comments: