Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Flu and Shopping Season

Ahh.....splitting headache, extreme fatigue, a slight sore throat and a block nose, this are all the symptoms of getting the flu. This few weeks in US is call the flu season and I don't know why untill I got a slight sore throat last week ending up a full blown flu yesterday.

Thats not fair, I said...I have always keep my body fit and healthy through lots of run and a good diet. Maybe I did not go for my regular run for the whole of last week except for that early morning run with the Emperor but WHY WHY WHY did I get down with the flu. Now I am just feeling really tired no matter what I do and the though of getting MC for the whole week linger on my mind.

Thanksgiving Day is this Thursday and on Friday, its called the 'Black Friday', an evil day where many merchandise store from electronic to toys and from hardware to clothings are having really huge discount on lots of item. That evil forces will lure huge number of Earth minions from all around the United States Of America to part their money with stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, Toy R Us and Walmart. A real time Google Map Satellite image will produce pictures having millions of dots representing human beings crowding around shopping areas. You get to find really dark deals like a Sony 15.4" Laptop loaded with Windows Vista Premium for just US$399 (usual US$899) or a Casio Exfilm 7.2MP camera at US$139.99 (usual US$179.99) or a Western Digital 500GB SATA Harddisk at US$59.99 (usual US$119.99). Here is a Thanksgiving Day ad leaked out from insiders of BestBuy,

http://downloads.bfads.net/BFAds-BestBuy.pdf

Alas, some of the very evil deals out there comes in limited quantity to ensure not too much "blood" is shed. It common to see lines forming outside each stores 12hrs before the Thanksgiving opening time reminiscence of the "Hello Kitty" line of Singapore. This lines people just like Zombies only have a singular objectives in mind, to grab the limited stock deal before others get it. Just like Zombies, they operate through the night, and could go without food, waterand sleep for that long 12 hours.

The Flu and Shopping Season are over lapping each other. I got the flu, and its 4 days before the shopping season starts. It will be my last Thanksgiving Black Friday shopping experience in USA and I sure don't wanna miss a moment (or deals) of it. It will be the very first time in my life I ever Q up for long hours to do shopping. On my list right now are,

1- Sony 15.4" Laptop from BestBuy US$399.99 from BestBuy
2-Seagate SATA/300 320GB Internal Harddisk Drive from BestBuy
3-Casio Exfilm 7.2MP Digital Camera at US$139.99 (usual US$179.99) from Circuit City

So the plan is me and Ricky will be to join the Zombies, Q-ing up at a Irving's Bestbuy at 5pm on Thanksgiving Day till the store open on Friday morning 5am. This should help us get the laptops and my Seagate harddisk. Next we will scramble to Circuit City right next door and get the Digital Camera. Finally I will head home and catch up some sleep because there is a chance that I will have to work night shift on that day. Next day will be Saturday morning and I will head down to San Marcos with couple of friends to do some Thanksgiving shopping of clothings and apparel for myself and Christmas gift for friends back in Singapore.

I pray that my flu will recover and I will have the strength to survive an evil indulgence in shopping from Thursday to Saturday.

1 comment:

Elvin said...

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/Gallery23.aspx

See my name, see my house. Please comment.