Wednesday, August 02, 2006

新的不来,旧的不走。 New Stuff come, old stuff goes

Like an old car which have travelled many miles around the country, giving its owner trusty performance, many good sight seeing and risking through numerous racing competition... the old car eventually, like a human being, will have to Rest In Peace. Good things never goes on forever and so my 3 years old New Balance 706 X-Training shoes have to call it a day. Does feel a bit sad that its gonna relegate to the shoe racks forever but at less I won't throw it into the trash bin for sentimental reasons.

Makes me appreciate good running shoes

My 706 have taken me through the 10km relay races during Air Force school times in AETI, it help me clinched silver medal in both the 5km and 1.5km races, losing each time to the same fighter pilot trainee. The good old shoes have ran many 2.4km fitness test and thanks to it, many S$200 cash award for getting GOLD during the IPPT test. The prime of its time is two 21km half marathon where the New Balance 706 faithfully survive through the half marathon in 2004 and 2005. Even with all this accolades, the most important thing it did to me is disciplining me to maintain a healthy lifestyle by running at less 6 miles per week.

Sadly I could not bring it to the next level. The old shoes draws its last breath 2 days ago during a routine threadmill run and have to be lay to rest.


Things don't look good in its last moment of life.

Althought I aim to use it for a full marathon but it seems too late. "I DID MY BEST, AND I HAVE NO REGRET".

Introducing now, the next generation, the New Balance 716 will carry on its predecessor honour and bring "MORE GOOD YEARS" which I rather trust the shoe than the our own Government...

Baru Sekali! Berjalan Jauh!

No comments: