Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wheel in the sky keep on rolling.

I have been to a few big cities around the world. Toronto in Canada, Dallas and Las Vegas USA Tokyo Japan, Taipei Taiwan, KL Malaysia. Whats common among this big cities are the skyscraper or tower that serve as a observatory that look down towards the concrete jungle of the developed cities and far towards the infinite skyline drawn by the tall buildings. CN Tower, Tokyo Tower, Stratosphere, Taipei 101, Empire State building, Petronas Tower...just to name a few of this tall tall buildings.

Singapore finally have something sort of a towering observatory to call our own... The SINGAPORE FLYERS. Its a giant ferries wheel towering over Marina Bay area, amid a very slow moving one. 0.02 RPM or 1 round every 45 minutes. Today I and my sis head off in the afternoon for a ride on the Singapore Flyers thanks to complimentary flight tickets from her company. I'm pretty embarrassed to say that after living in this country almost my entire life, I haven't even been to the highest point to admire the results of Singaporean 43 years contribution to nation building. So this is a great opportunity (free somemore!!!) to fulfill this void as a Singaporean. I have a fun time identifying landmarks and building with my sis on the way up to the peak and on the way down. Since the F1 race will be in town this September, the Singapore Flyer will be an excellent platform to catch the atmosphere of the race from the top. Maybe next time, I might consider a having a dinner date on the Singapore Flyer.

No comments: