Friday, July 11, 2008

A Jig saw puzzle.

I'm a piece of Jig Saw puzzle. I have to learn how to fit in well with my fellow colleagues here back in Singapore. I was once an almost perfect fitting jig saw puzzle in my previous posting but coming back, it took sometime to reshape myself and fit right into the picture. With so many different shape to accommodates or match, it sure took a while. There is the peer shape, the enemy shape, the boss shape, the incompetent shape, the inexperience shape, the "God" shape, the "Ghost" shape, the silence worker shape..... sometime trying to fit in well makes me out of shape.

Be fluid, the shapeless, be water my friend.

There was a saying that holds very true in every essence of the working environment; "When in Rome, be like the Romans". It just a totally different culture in a different place. Somehow, certain people I view as threat have gradually become harmless, certain culture I felt as shock has become just another parcel of the career. Just like Shinji, Rei and Asuka tried to achieve synchronization with the EVAs in Neon Genesis Evangelion, I have been trying my best to and I reckon its about 75% now.

Today is Friday. Thank God Its Friday again. Always looking forward to the weekend. By the way, I just received 2 NDP (National Day Parade) Preview ticket for this Saturday. I suspect it got something to do with my status right now that I got 2 free tickets without even asking for it. Silently like to thank whoever had supported me in the past for making me who I am now. Invited a girl to join me in but she will be occupied with her brother birthday so I turn to my sis who is pretty excited to go after her lesson. This is going to be the first time I watch the NDP from the spectator view point. I was once part of the marching contigent...

Felt like slacking sometime...

No comments: