Monday, June 30, 2008

Tax Rebate from the Gahmen

Of all the thing I can forget in my life, forgetting that the Gahmen is giving me money today is really a shame. If my sis did not inform my Mum that she got S$100 GST rebate from the Gahmen, I could have easily forget about the extra money deposited into my bank account today. How in the world did I manage to forget the money the richest Gahmen in South East Asia is giving to its citizen?

The 7% GST, Income Tax, numerous vehicle trap named ERP, Property Tax, TV Tax, SC&C Charges... this are some of the way we the citizen of Singapore contribute to the national reserve/budget and indirectly to my Civil Servant payroll. In good times when our Gahmen have surplus, they give it back to the good citizen in the form of "tax rebates". I got S$200, not a big sum neither small. S$200 can easily feed me on a budget for one month with extras for a couple of movie or a few round of beer.

So for those who are as generous as me to forget about this "deal", please check your bank account today. Every Singaporean should get a fair share of the Tax Rebate.

No comments: