Monday, June 23, 2008

Its a complicated route to get a SAR66 certification

Soon I will have to learn how to juggle between work in theEmpire and part-studies either by myself through ATTC ( Air Transportation Training College). After 6 years of absence from the academic scene, soon I will be hitting the books of dry subjects regularly to prepare for whatever examination that I will be registering for to get a A1 License for the SAR 66 certification.

What the hell is SAR 66? Nothing but a name for a collection of license that allow one to be a qualified Aviation Technician or Engineer in Singapore. Its one of those paper qualification employer expect to see from job-seeker in the aviation maintenance industry which of course is booming and booming right now. I hope you guys catch the hint some how of whats my intention. My goal is to obtain the A1 License this year which at less secure a brighter future when I leave the Empire or even if I decided to stay in the Empire in the future, its a good bargaining chip at the interview table for PP2.

Now the problem is taking the course at ATTC. Its Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7pm to 10pm. Money is not a problem, Transportation is not a problem and finally time is not a problem for I am single, no kids and have only myself to worry about (my future obviously is a headache). Big issue here is the work commitment at the Empire. Its 1 week day and 1 week night. Was intending to request for permanent morning shift until studies are completed in a year but someone in my section is already do permanent morning due to studies so I guess the management will not relent to my request. The only option left is the path of self discipline, the path of self study.

Thats when I regret not buying all those great publication on Aviation maintenance subject when I was still staying in the States. I could have brought it and got it ship back with the rest of my barang barang from USA. Now I have to resort to E-bay or friends from the States to get my study materials. Alternatively I can get my books from Mil-Com Aerospace Group Singapore but it will cost almost 2 times the price of what I can get from States, postage included.

At less I started doing some preparation for my self study materials. Today is Monday, today I am doing night shift and I expect to go home early. Have to wake up early on Tuesday morning so I will be able to buy black carrot cake from my favorite carrot cake stall which close at 11am. Miss it this morning and have to settle for bread.

No comments: