Monday, June 09, 2008

Kiss the wall at Multi Storey Carpark

I must tune my driving mode to the narrow road and tight spaces of Singapore. Driving in US gave me so much breathing room that I came back with a "Spacious" mindset of roads and parking lot. That false sense of comfort and a left hand drive mindset cause a minor episode yesterday evening at a multi storey car park near Sun Plaza, Sembawang. What an irony when just two days ago my dad was telling me to watch out for the walls of Singapore's multi-storey parking lot when entering or exiting.

Hit the left rear passenger door causing a small little dent and a series of wall scratches made worst from my reversing of the car to salvage the situation. I could easily cause a car park traffic jam at the moment but good thing this car park is pretty deserted, saving me from certain embarrassment. Earlier on, I was having Lor Mee at the nearby kopi tiam with Eddie and Alfred, the next moment...fender bender my car. Wah lau...that Lor Mee sure cost a lot.

Totally lost on which paint shop to go without getting "chop" in the pocket. Sis got her friend, Bran ( a former soldier of the Empire) to bring me to a paint/body shop at Yio Chu Kang tomorrow afternoon. Been a total foreigner to the car workshop scene in Singapore, its better to heed the advise of the locals.


My wounded Lancer on the left, My sis Lexus on the right.


Wound of a lousy driver.

No comments: