Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunday Madness and Sunset serenity.

As much as employee doesn't welcome a Sunday work, so does our flying machines. Today the horses are wild and the riders brandish their whips to rough ride the beast around the South Dakota grass land in the warm sunny Sunday morning. Yet again its up to the veterinarian and tamers like us to sooth those bruises and muscle ache of the old horses. Nothing ever too tough for our team to handle and at the end of of the day, our horses are already sleeping soundly like a baby on the grassland awaiting the usual work day flying. (hmm...speaking in analogy again...)

Close your eyes, sleepy child...

Could almost hear the Final Fantasy victory melody with Boss "V" signs


This is my first deployment and today is the first time I experience how my counterpart work on our chopper. Its a hot and dry day and our guys still head out to fix up the choppers and have it "GREEN" at the end of the day. Thats professionalism at its best and fighting spirits. Than there was our Boss and Enciks getting us lots of bottled water and ice to cool and quench the thirst, thats care for soldier (gonna thank Major Richard and SSG Beck for the delivery too). Our shift IC CK and Fatboy got to coordinate and record all the work done out in the field from the wooden container office, making sure of order in chaos and finally we got Garfield recording all our moments out in the field with his professional SLR camera. Me? I was almost an onlooker of all this activity, the only thing I did was helping the guys to book out and check in the tools. However, I have noted down in my little PDA every nice idea that was carried out during this deployment and all the suggestion given by my fellow colleagues to improve my area of appointment, will come in handy in my next deployment.

The end of the day briefing commence in 5 mins...

Starring Matthew as the De briefer...


and Doremon!!!

I can see the Sunset in the Horizon, hmm...is that guy doing Tai Chi?

Bed time again. Boy, seems like I have more time to catch up on my blog during deployment than working back at Base in Dallas. New environment, new ideas huh? Tomorrow morning, we will be heading to Ellsworth Air Force Base Air and Space Museum before another day of work starts at 4pm in the afternoon. Keeping this blog posted....


No comments: