Sunday, December 17, 2006

Of Houses and Crows

Saturday Work! Again? All the way till next year Feb? This really sux and it came sooner than expected. We are already working today, Saturday and my section have been working from 9am to 6pm today. Well, I don't want to sound like I am bitching about work or something. Its the festive season and close to end of the year and there are lots of guys on leave or on holiday, the man power are tight and supposely I was expecting the management to tone down on flying operation and to give us extended time for aircraft servicing work. Look at whats happening now? Suddenly, I am so envy of those who took leave during this period...at less they have "Siam-ed" all the weekend work. Lets not even talk about fairness or something, lets just think if I am the boss, what would I do? I surely will set realistic targets and not expect the guys to come in every saturday. Sigh.... I am Maj Moron, not Major Tan so sadly I am not in any position to help the guys. Our BIG BOSS ask us to consider this jam packed servicing like a build up to WAR... The DEFCON status stuff. Oh Yah....War coming people can go on leave huh? Kekekeke... Please, just tell us the Emperor have BIG expectation for the upcoming military exercise and just want to pressure cook us. In fact, we got all the time from Monday to Friday to complete our servicing just that this organization thrive on redundancy paperwork and servicing features which I will blog about next time... I call it the BS of the Organization that turn me off. Something not to be mention in recruitment posters.

Sometimes its hard to love my job with BS policy, process and people around. Today work, althought it sux big time to come back during the weekend, we manage to achieve lots of aircraft work done and paper work closure. Thanks to a combined A and B shift effort into a single shift, we got maximum brains and brawns for the work. Althought its a Saturday work and the mood does feel bad in the beginning but our section close cooperation see us through the day unscathed. I love the day for the achievement and close working relationship with section mate but of course it was full of BS in the morning and some unhappy incident in the afternoon. There is a Chinese saying "爱屋及乌"...To Love the House, you got to tolerate the crows that come with it. So true to my job...I love aircraft technical job but I got to tolerate couple of nonsense daily.

Crow 1,

Today, I was suppose to come in an hour later so that I could collect my car from Driver's Edge. The mechanic told me that my car will be ready this morning unfortunately, they have not fix up the locking mechanism of of Door yet. So I got to wait till Monday evening.

So off I head to the Base with my housemate, Ricky's Corrolla instead. Upon reaching the base, I was told that my Encik have an arguement with one of our base "Old Crow". Seems like the "Old Crow" expect our section to supply guys to do quality check on the base and my Encik was telling him that we can't supply guys cause everyone is in today to clear aircraft servicing. Here is where I come into picture. 'Old Crow'-- "So you could afford to let one guy come in late to collect car and still mention that there is not enough guys?" Well my sources only share the story till this part but thats enough to make me pretty mad. What the F@%#, we guys are not free and easy to come back on Saturday just for some stupid walk around check. There is a appropriate time for Quality Assurance check and today is just not it. We are here for a single focus objective -- Aircraft servicing. I think this "Old Man" better get himself straighten up and not disturb us at work. What an A-hole, picking us here and there for nonsense stuff. So what if there is a quality lapse, come on! You think we got lots of time to jaga this and jaga that? If we are so free, we won't be coming in on weekend lor. I hope he could be more EQ than that.

So what if I come in slightly later? I mean, why take it so personally with my good Encik? At less I still come in and get the job done? Right? What a childish remark he made. Next time please pick on me and not my Encik ok?


Crow 2,

Sometimes when you do good thing, only GOD can see. When you make a mistake, the whole world will know. Was ask by my good Encik to get some cleaning solvent to clean up the new combiner transimission. The work is hectic and I got to speed up my pace. Seeing the the chemical barrel is empty I went ahead to top it up fto full with cleaning solvent from our POL storage so that the rest of the guys could safe the trouble the next time. Little did I notice I actually spilled some of the chemical on the ground.

Than in the middle of my work, someone shouted my name. It was the CROW...haiz.... he actually was angry I did not clean up the spilled area and he knew it was me cause I was actually asked by him yesterday to top up the chemical barrel from storage if the barrel is empty. Man... the stress of the work and the "Saturday Mood" and the way he shouted so loud that the whole Hanger knew I was the work makes me pretty piss off. I mean he could have just come to me instead of embaressing me in front of so many people with his loud ass mouth! What the hell... I knew no one will top up that barrel and I knew this CROW would rather surf net for deals rather than topping up that barrel, so I decided to initative and do it myself. HE SHOULD BE THE ONE TOPPING UP THE BARREL when I hinted him yesterday by saying the barrel is empty. Rather than doing so, he choose to sit down there with some other guys looking for some kinda online shopping deals while I am busy with my work. What an A-Hole.

Of course I was wrong to leave the small spill there but I honestly did not notice it in the midst of all the work. I do feel like going to that crow with the cloth soaked with chemical from the floor and shaft it down his throat but I told myself before....never to be emotional with work...just work like a robot most of the time and speak like a monk. So that little Motto of mine "Never to be emotional at work" pretty much keep me in control else I think I could get into trouble for swearing against a senior ranking guy.

From today onwards I shall refer to my Base as the Empire...the guys and gals in the base are either with the Empire or with the Rebels. For me, I am the Robot C3P0...emotionless at work...less trouble. This Empire have trouble through its core and its affecting our galaxy. The rebels are there to make a change for the good of the galaxy but the Empire "BS" grip on power is so strong that many suffers. It is a climb in the mountain to loosen the grip of the Empire and their evil doings to our Galaxy.

2 comments:

Elvin said...

How good it is if he doesn't have that rank. But, without that rank, he may be somewhere else... probably an assistant to the Ku Ku Ang Mo. He (and other relevant old crows) might be a reason why it is more difficult for regulars to get into PP2 nowadays.

Unknown said...

Difficult for regulars to get into PP2? Well, in my opinion sometime not getting into PP2 might be a blessing too. If its all about money and power and nothing about love for work, I would rather not elect myself to be in PP2. Probably suffer as an Encik the next time.

So to rephrase it-- "Its is less popular for regulars to get into PP2 nowadays".